High RPM, low mph and acceleration

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy519

Hi, I have a 2013 seadoo RXT 260, recently when I took it
Out it was running fine, then after I had turned it off and started it again, I could not get my proper acceleration or speed, my rpm kicks up to what it would normally be at if I had my throttle wide open. Most of the time I would have high rpm and be stuck at around 15/20mph, and it would randomly try to jump up to a higher speed. Machine only has 22 hours on it and has been winterized and looked after by a seadoo dealership.
Just wondering if this is a part issue where I'll have to bring it in, or maybe it's some dirty gas or something small, I've already looked to make sure that I haven't sucked anything up. Any advice would be great, thank you

Take a flashlight and mirror and get a really good look at your impeller and ring.
Sounds like a good dent in the LE of the impeller.

Has Anyone had the splines on the impeller shaft strip out?? Become disconnected??
Do these new Sea Doos have electronic control drives.
Possible that the mechanical jet postion is between Fwd and Reverse?

You either have something in the impeller, stripped splines, or a leaking carbon seal. In all cases, you have to take out the same parts for the most part. And,, you may have wiped out the wear ring as well. How large is the gap from the impeller to the ring?

Hi, I have a 2013 seadoo RXT 260, recently when I took it
Out it was running fine, then after I had turned it off and started it again, I could not get my proper acceleration or speed, my rpm kicks up to what it would normally be at if I had my throttle wide open. Most of the time I would have high rpm and be stuck at around 15/20mph, and it would randomly try to jump up to a higher speed. Machine only has 22 hours on it and has been winterized and looked after by a seadoo dealership.
Just wondering if this is a part issue where I'll have to bring it in, or maybe it's some dirty gas or something small, I've already looked to make sure that I haven't sucked anything up. Any advice would be great, thank you

I would do a quick test by pulling up on the engine with both hands to see if you can move it. If a motor mount is broken it could be causing your driveshaft to disengage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back