Good rentals in south florida

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

chk1

Looking to often rent ski's for my friends/family in south fl (fort lauderdale area) but struggle to find good rental places.. looking for daily rental (pickup & dropoff) of a machine (please no VX's!)

If you know any companies/people who are willing to rent their ski out for the day please let me know

-Chris

[MENTION=75843]Jonny M[/MENTION] just rented one when he came down and visited from up north. I have a spare ski dining ad him cancel his reservation. I believe it was $200 plus gas and it was not for all day. I pinged him, he can fill in the details.

Thanks, I appreciate it...We used to rent a VXR for around $300-$350 a day including gas however the guy sold it and only has VX's now so.. pass
Money is secondary to having a well maintained high end machine.

-Chris

Looking to often rent ski's for my friends/family in south fl (fort lauderdale area) but struggle to find good rental places.. looking for daily rental (pickup & dropoff) of a machine (please no VX's!)

If you know any companies/people who are willing to rent their ski out for the day please let me know

-Chris

Whats wrong with the VX?

I had two of them and they are as stable and reliable as they come.
Make great rental since they can take the abuse at $200 bucks for 7 hrs iirc over and over and over

Search CL. I've seen other company that has the VXR but usually they are the VX's.

We rode Saturday from Port of Miami to port Everglades and hung out at John Lloyd.

Ill add you to list of South Florida riders and give you heads up when we ride if your interested?

Whats wrong with the VX?

I had two of them and they are as stable and reliable as they come.
Make great rental since they can take the abuse at $200 bucks for 7 hrs iirc over and over and over

Search CL. I've seen other company that has the VXR but usually they are the VX's.

We rode Saturday from Port of Miami to port Everglades and hung out at John Lloyd.

Ill add you to list of South Florida riders and give you heads up when we ride if your interested?

Yeah the VX's are great rental machines, they can take serious abuse...but anyone who takes it slows down the group a lot especially in chop

Please do add me, I don't live down here full time but when I'm here I try and spend a lot of time on the water

Yeah the VX's are great rental machines, they can take serious abuse...but anyone who takes it slows down the group a lot especially in chop

Please do add me, I don't live down here full time but when I'm here I try and spend a lot of time on the water

We get out about once a month or so. Always a good day. Even when we got caught in the rain on Saturday, still a good day. Rods 80-90 miles, beaches them a few times, then has Shwarmas for lunch.

I can tell you when we ride in groups no one is left behind that is slow or that they hold up ride.We are always with in sight or circle back.

It's usually the rider and not the ski.
Slow or not WOT at 55 in chop will hurt if you fall
Especially if new rider.

[MENTION=43374]Coastiejoe[/MENTION] can attest to that
Lol

Are u here now.
Like coastie said we ride often every week.
So welcome!

To expand on that,,, I went off my ski at over 60 MPH on Saturday. To say the least it was a bit alarming. I tucked and rolled, ended up about 150 feet from my ski. Good times.

To expand on that,,, I went off my ski at over 60 MPH on Saturday. To say the least it was a bit alarming. I tucked and rolled, ended up about 150 feet from my ski. Good times.

yip
and your shoe 150' in the other direction from you and your ski
:willy_nilly:

yip
and your shoe 150' in the other direction from you and your ski
:willy_nilly:

All I could think about were my $200 goggles,,, but they were floating pretty much where my head finally penetrated the water.

And still to this day, I've never rolled a ski, but I have been bucked off a few times. I would have LOVED to see the video.

Yep down here now, just got back from the water :)
yesterday was a lot nicer than today but still, was able to go 70-80 on the ocean today w/o issues

341.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 2.56.49 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 2.56.49 PM.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
All I could think about were my $200 goggles,,, but they were floating pretty much where my head finally penetrated the water.

And still to this day, I've never rolled a ski, but I have been bucked off a few times. I would have LOVED to see the video.

Ouch sound like it hurt , I made a steep turn on an RXP a while back and got flung pretty far

It's that a 260 or 300
We took fuel by the 17th St bridge
It's tough to get fuel on the water in miami

I avoid memorial day weekend since it's crazy and I can ride any other day and not have issues.

Do you go out during the week?

It's that a 260 or 300
We took fuel by the 17th St bridge
It's tough to get fuel on the water in miami

I avoid memorial day weekend since it's crazy and I can ride any other day and not have issues.

Do you go out during the week?

300 ,
yeah, really whenever the weather is good i will go out..

300 ,
yeah, really whenever the weather is good i will go out..

I'll ping [MENTION=72580]Idoo3[/MENTION]. He's in your area.

My other riding buddy just got one of those.
Traded up from FX HO.
Its a thirsty machine.

Do you come down to Miami to ride.
Not much up in Lauderdale in the IC or ocean side?

Do you have a run / loop you do?

I can ride Tuesday after 1pm. I work near 79th st ramp.
Wednesday early morning
Thursday after 1pm
Friday all day
Sunday early Morning

I'll ping [MENTION=72580]Idoo3[/MENTION]. He's in your area.

My other riding buddy just got one of those.
Traded up from FX HO.
Its a thirsty machine.

Do you come down to Miami to ride.
Not much up in Lauderdale in the IC or ocean side?

Do you have a run / loop you do?

I can ride Tuesday after 1pm. I work near 79th st ramp.
Wednesday early morning
Thursday after 1pm
Friday all day
Sunday early Morning

Yeah its an awesome machine, you can notice a diff between 260 and 300 for sure.
I almost ran out of fuel today, decided to make a short ride on the ocean and by the time i hit the inlet I was in eco mode with 1 bar of fuel :p

I do come down to Miami sometimes, only IF the water is calm though.. last time I went there in the morning the weather was poor in the afternoon so I paid someone to take my ski back to my marina rather than taking it back up.

My house down here is around hillsboro on the beach so I tend to stay around this part, anchor on the beach etc... but as i said been to miami, boynton, palm beach etc..

Yeah its an awesome machine, you can notice a diff between 260 and 300 for sure.
I almost ran out of fuel today, decided to make a short ride on the ocean and by the time i hit the inlet I was in eco mode with 1 bar of fuel :p

I do come down to Miami sometimes, only IF the water is calm though.. last time I went there in the morning the weather was poor in the afternoon so I paid someone to take my ski back to my marina rather than taking it back up.

My house down here is around hillsboro on the beach so I tend to stay around this part, anchor on the beach etc... but as i said been to miami, boynton, palm beach
etc..

Yeah he's happy. It pushes 71 iirc

I hear you we did 100 miles and our conditions were changing as the day went on.
We got in almost white out conditions of rain and lighting on Saturday coming back from Port Everglades.

If you don't trailer it South like Idoo3 then you are riding depending on conditions if you don't stay close and your refueling.
Do you have a trailer?
We can find you one on our FL CL thread

Coastie and I have been in calm to right out dangerous conditions but have each other in case something happens.

Is there something between Lighthouse and Boca inlet to stop like sand bars or run through IC in no wake zones?

Yeah he's happy. It pushes 71 iirc

I hear you we did 100 miles and our conditions were changing as the day went on.
We got in almost white out conditions of rain and lighting on Saturday coming back from Port Everglades.

If you don't trailer it South like Idoo3 then you are riding depending on conditions if you don't stay close and your refueling.
Do you have a trailer?
We can find you one on our FL CL thread

Coastie and I have been in calm to right out dangerous conditions but have each other in case something happens.

Is there something between Lighthouse and Boca inlet to stop like sand bars or run through IC in no wake zones?

Yeah I have a couple add ons , riva scom etc
Don't have a trailer but not particularly interesting in driving with a jet ski on the back

There's a couple no wake zones, right at hillsboro inlet is a no wake zone and then between hillsboro inlet and spanish river is mostly no wake (though if nobodys around i tend to....)

Been in some interesting situations when coming out of the inlet at boynton, can get a little dangerous in rough weather

Yeah
Its the narrow inlet I think.

I've never been up that way. Sorry for all the Q's
So I may hit you up on a Sunday.

Can you anchor or beach ski along Hillsbough beach.
That's not allowed here

I tend to stay away from the No wake Zones.

You have to trailer it to expand area.
I went to Marco Island and Key Lago to Islamorda / Marathon as day trips.
The Chirst was in Key Largo

The domes were in Marco Island
domehomeabandoned[1].jpg

Yeah narrow inlet, no worries about the q's.

I usually anchor infront of my house, only time i was ever given trouble was when a friend didnt anchor his correctly and it drifted overnight lol.
I've considered buying a trailer, but never really looked into it.. if anything I'd get a small 1 ski trailer.

Back