Brooklyn new york & long island

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I ride on Long Island and Brooklyn.

Looking forward to a great season!!!

Let me know when you guys ride!!!!

I ride on Long Island and Brooklyn.

Looking forward to a great season!!!

Let me know when you guys ride!!!!

Hey
where do you launch in Brooklyn and in long island?

When r u planning on summerizing / going for the first ride?

I can't wait!!!!!

I'm an early bird, I will be out there the latest April 1st.

I have all kinds out cold weather gear to keep me nice n toasty.

I just moved to Greenpoint Brooklyn, so I will probably launch by Citifield when I want to cruise around NYC areas.

My tuner just moved to Baldwin Harbor on the water, so I will launch by him as well. You might know him, Carl from Island racing

I also like Venecian Shores in Lindenhurst.

Then Heckshire Park in east Islip.

The end of William Floyd parkway has a nice ramp.

Sag Harbor sometimes...

There are a couple of other guys that I started talking to thru green hulk, so an NYC trip will definitely happen.

What about you???

I'm an early bird, I will be out there the latest April 1st.

I have all kinds out cold weather gear to keep me nice n toasty.

I just moved to Greenpoint Brooklyn, so I will probably launch by Citifield when I want to cruise around NYC areas.

My tuner just moved to Baldwin Harbor on the water, so I will launch by him as well. You might know him, Carl from Island racing

I also like Venecian Shores in Lindenhurst.

Then Heckshire Park in east Islip.

The end of William Floyd parkway has a nice ramp.

Sag Harbor sometimes...

There are a couple of other guys that I started talking to thru green hulk, so an NYC trip will definitely happen.

What about you???

I am planning on starting in May. April is too chilly =)

We launch off of Far Rockaway near the DEP station. (free ramp).

Are those places where you launch also free?

How many people do you ride with? Maybe we should do a "around the city" trip this year.

We go from far rockaway and refuel at Liberty Landing Marina near statue of liberty. Do you know any other fuel stops near the city if we do a cruise around NYC?

The ramp at Cityfield is free, the others you have to pay between mem day & labor day.

Ya lets plan a trip around NYC, between the skis and my jetboat I will be spending lots of time on the water this year.

There is a gas station on the west side of the Hudson in a small marina just a little north of where the Harlem River goes into the Hudson(again just on the West side).

There is another station on the Hudson on the East side right by the Tapanzee Bridge in Tarrytown.

The key is to find stations that have super, I believe by Liberty they do.

I would love to do a day trip all the way up the Hudson.

Then maybe one out on the Island start in Nassau go all the way out by Moriches, dig up awsome little neck clams out there, sweeet and clean!!

My name is Chris by the way:)

Hey Chris,
i'm mike.

Yeah liberty landing has super and the marina is nice and clean. They allow you to dock and dine (free but I still give the Marina attendant a tip) for up to 2 hours. The restaurant there is great for brunch and the view of the city is spectacular.

Where is the ramp for cityfeild located? Is there ample parking to leave the truck and trailer??

Hey Chris,
i'm mike.

Yeah liberty landing has super and the marina is nice and clean. They allow you to dock and dine (free but I still give the Marina attendant a tip) for up to 2 hours. The restaurant there is great for brunch and the view of the city is spectacular.

Where is the ramp for cityfeild located? Is there ample parking to leave the truck and trailer??

Yoooo

It is actual called the World's Fair Marina, all the boats and stuff are way to the left when you get there, you have to go right through all the parking lots just follow the water, when you think you are going the wrong way it will be right in front of you.
There is plenty of parking, I wouldn't leave my truck there after 9pm though...

Once you drop in, you are right next to Laguardia Airport, just go out make a left, then pass Riker's Island go under JFK extension bridge and then kapow you are in the East river!!!!

It only takes 10 minutes to get to the river....

There is also a ramp in Yonkers...

The reason why we launch from far rockaway is because its close to home so we dont have to tow the trailer too far. It takes us about 30-35 min to get to the statue of liberty on a nice morning without waves.
Last year we went all the way up to GW bridge but did not go further.

If you want to plan a trip around the city, that would be great. How many people do you ride with?
I have about 3-5 ppl who we ride with in a regular basis so if we get a nice group going, it will be great and alot of fun.

Ya it would be big fun gettin 2gether!!

The more the merrier!!!!!

I own a couple of skiis so I always have someone with me.

Then I know a couple other people with skiis.

Do u post on greenhulk?

If we plan something to go up the Hudson, u should trailer atleast to citifield...

Ya it would be big fun gettin 2gether!!

The more the merrier!!!!!

I own a couple of skiis so I always have someone with me.

Then I know a couple other people with skiis.

Do u post on greenhulk?

If we plan something to go up the Hudson, u should trailer atleast to citifield...

No, whats greenhulk?

Can you tell me the directions or a near by address so that I can google the directions to the cityfield ramp you are talking about. I like the idea of launching near city feild but I want to see how to get there from my house.

iT IS PRETTY EASY TO GET TO, JUST TAKE 678.

The address is

122-01 Northern Blvd
Flushing NY

U have a T-X ski and u don't know about greenhulk:(

Google it and be prepared to have jetski overload:puke:

U think yer ski is fast now???

Wait until you start reading about all the mods u can do to that ski.

Dont say I didnt warn u about the mod bug:rofl::rofl::rofl:

OHHHH yaa

One more thing, if you don't do any mods to yer T-x, just be prepared to be TRYING to catch me all day if we ever ride together:D:D:D

OHHHH yaa

One more thing, if you don't do any mods to yer T-x, just be prepared to be TRYING to catch me all day if we ever ride together:D:D:D

hey,
i checked out google maps and it would be a real trek to tow the trailer out to flushing for me.

I would rather launch in far rockaway and we can meet near statue of liberty or in liberty landing marina. what do you think about that?

I know about the mods for the skis but I just wanted to keep it stock for now. I like to do relaxed cruising more rather than arggressive riding.

how many hours u have on your 2009 bike? did you do alot of mods?

Meeting at Liberty is fine!!!

I hear what you are saying about being a cruiser, I am the same way.

I think a couple simple mods like intake and exhaust will improve your fuel economy as well as letting the motor breathe easier:D:D:D

My FZS is brand new, it is still at the dealer, I am picking it up next weekend.

It goes right to my tuner to be modded.

Just basic stuff for now, grate, plate, intake, exhaust, wedge, prop...

I want to take it slow and just enjoy the ski for a while.

As soon as I sell my XLT's I will be buying a 2nd FZS so I have a pair.

There is also a group called jetty jumpers out of coney island that are a bunch of good guys.

They have several rides planned for 2010 season including going up the Hudson and another that cruises to NJ.

It would be fun to hook up with them.

Remember the season is going to be here really soon, make sure yer ski is ready:):):)

Meeting at Liberty is fine!!!

I hear what you are saying about being a cruiser, I am the same way.

I think a couple simple mods like intake and exhaust will improve your fuel economy as well as letting the motor breathe easier:D:D:D

My FZS is brand new, it is still at the dealer, I am picking it up next weekend.

It goes right to my tuner to be modded.

Just basic stuff for now, grate, plate, intake, exhaust, wedge, prop...

I want to take it slow and just enjoy the ski for a while.

As soon as I sell my XLT's I will be buying a 2nd FZS so I have a pair.

There is also a group called jetty jumpers out of coney island that are a bunch of good guys.

They have several rides planned for 2010 season including going up the Hudson and another that cruises to NJ.

It would be fun to hook up with them.

Remember the season is going to be here really soon, make sure yer ski is ready:):):)

Yeah, liberty landing is great. I would love to go on a nice cruising ride up the hudson. Let me know when you guys are planning it. I heard of jetty jumpers. I saw there website. They have a list of their group rides that they have planned for this year. Should be interesting if we can tag along.

Did you go to the boat show in Javets center this year?

The jetty jumpers have a trip planned to Highlands NJ in June, I put it in my calendar already so that one I am in.

I did go to the boat show, I bought my FZS there, the lines were so long to get on the boats I didnt even go on one. I was in and out in 10 minutes, I'm a salesman, so it doesnt take much to convince me to buy something...

The jetty jumpers have a trip planned to Highlands NJ in June, I put it in my calendar already so that one I am in.

I did go to the boat show, I bought my FZS there, the lines were so long to get on the boats I didnt even go on one. I was in and out in 10 minutes, I'm a salesman, so it doesnt take much to convince me to buy something...

Yeah i Know, we went there on saturday and it was so crowded. I didnt get a chance to even go inside some of the big boats there which is why I went in the first place!!. Oh well...maybe next year.

Yeah, they had pretty good deals on jetskis at the show.

Do you have to be a member of jetty jumpers (pay the member fee) in order to ride with them??? or you can just tag along with them.?

Yeah i Know, we went there on saturday and it was so crowded. I didnt get a chance to even go inside some of the big boats there which is why I went in the first place!!. Oh well...maybe next year.

Yeah, they had pretty good deals on jetskis at the show.

Do you have to be a member of jetty jumpers (pay the member fee) in order to ride with them??? or you can just tag along with them.?

I am just going to show up at lady liberty on may 8th and figure things out from there.

I think membership is only like $25 bucks or so.

Well worth it to meet fellow jet skiers as well as gain their knowledge on the local waters, to tag along when they go to New Jersey in June is worth the membership fee itself. I bet that is a fun trip.

Can you make it on May 8th?

chris,

i doubt i will be ready by May 8th and I think the water will be cold by then. I am planning on being on the water by the end of May / early June.

Also, i need to find a place which sells nice wet suits... Do you know any?

I highly recommend these guys, great delivery time, great pricing, and when I ripped one of my wetsuits, I sent it back and they repaired it for me.

http://www.wetsuitwearhouse.com/

I just bought one of these blue camo suits from here

http://seavenger.com/3mm-spearfishing-suit-mens-blue-camouflage-p-293.html

I have 3 neosport suits and I am very happy with them, all from wetsuite warehouse, I think it is their house brand or something.

Good luck!!

Let me know where and what you buy:)

Oh ya, I e-mailed Lena from Jetty Jumpers, she said we can just show up and join them on any of their rides...

Back