BOV and Air Filter

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

insaneta

Hey i read someone elses thread about whether or not seadoos have airfilters and a seperate thread about upgrading the blow off valve. well looking for the washers for the supercharger i found that you can actually buy kits to use an air filter and they also have performace blow off valves for the rxp. i was surprised after reading what everyone wrote back to the people who asked so i thought i'd post this. let me know if your still interested and i'll find more for you i have a lot of free time....:chillpill:

air filters?

I think air filters are for filtering out dust particles and the like. I dont' think fish scales count............:rofl:

uh ... why do you keep you fish in your engine compartment? Something smells fishy about your post...:rofl:

yeah i thought it was kinda wierd but i remember someone asking about it a couple days ago so i thought i could do my part to help....:rofl:

This is fishey!

yeah i thought it was kinda wierd but i remember someone asking about it a couple days ago so i thought i could do my part to help....:rofl:

I think air filters are for filtering out dust particles and the like. I dont' think fish scales count............:rofl:

I understand looking for a filter...but the FISH SCALES where did the fish scales come from?

theres dust on the water if your in a sand storm. dont think we have many of them on the east coast...lol

Correct Robin....

Your so correct Robin. Under normal circumstances, there are only flame arrestors in the air induction side of an engine. Now, if the Doo was bought, say in Africa, where dust storms are frequent, I bet they have some type filter screen.
But your right, the engine doesn't normally pick up road dust, since it's not on the road......
Note:.....I make so many post, I have no idea if there is any reference to the "fish scales" or if it was a typo.............LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
On my need speedster it has a actual air box for each intake. I haven't taken it out yet to give it a good look but I am curious.

Superchargers?

I haven't looked yet, but if there are any breather on a boat, it may be the supercharged. Only because of the ability of picking up a foreign object from inside the engine compartment.
But your right Robin!.....I think the flame arrestor is the closest thing you'll come to a breather.........

I did notice that the air box is fixed up high on the side of the hull, so it won't have any chance of splashing water enter them. They are actually higher than the top of the engines in the engine bay.

trash....

That's to keep the water in the bilge from making it's way in, plus any small pieces of trash that might be left in the engine compartment.

The air boxes are even to the side of the sets in the rear. I think the only way water will touch them is if the boat is sinking...than it won't matter.

Up high!

But thats another reason to have them high....the engine won't be harmed until the water goes into the air induction.

I noticed the boxes this weekend while I did my 10 hr service...more like 18 hr service( installed a hour meter to keep track)... It was a snap to change the oil and filters.

God I love this boat and it's setup!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back