Ana Maria Island riding

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

semperfish

I just put my fifthwheel trailer down at Holiday Cove RV Resort in Sarasota. Anyone do any riding down there in the Ana Maria area? I was driving around the island Sunday and the water was beautiful. I cant wait until I get the other ski back. Until then my wife and I are sharing the RXP 215. We will be down there quite a bit this summer. If anyone rides here, let me know when your going out. I would love to meet a couple of yall/

On my way back I saw a large number of people running some jetskis on the northeast side of the Skyway. I thought to myself, "Man What idiots, those people are going to kill themselves" And then I heard on the radio about this guy. Now he wasn't part of the ghettolicious crowd I saw, but I am sure there were some close calls that same day. I could never launch at these places and do small circles near the boat ramp along with 20 other jetskis. I would have a heartattack before I got hit and died like this guy. The thing is, There were only TWO of them, and if you ever saw where they were riding, There is plenty of room; no excuse to hit each other. I think the guy who lived is to blame and he's not even hurt. What a croc!

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...ts-dies-in-water-scooter-crash-on-old/1092062

Duane

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just at Anna Maria Island with my boat

But sadly its only one week a year but well worth the drive. Love the area.

Man, terrible to read. I know what you mean about watching the people play out there. These are water craft, not water toys....

Same thing happens with cars all the time...too much car for too little brains. Be careful out there, boys!

Awsome Weather

It was so nice there Saturday/ Just awsome weather. Water was beautiful and pretty smooth. I rode beside me buddy's boat about three miles out of Cortez pass. We parked and partied a little at Beer Can for a bit. Got the other ski back, it ran better but not like it should, hopefully newer gas will make it a little better.

Latest video http://www.youtube.com/user/gigg566

Took a ride from Coquina to Anna Maria along the coast yesterday afternoon. Nice and sunny offshore. Thunderstorms off to the north near the Skyway. Headed back to Coquina at 6pm and hit some rain but no lightning! Good refreshing rinse!

Returning to Anna Maria Island for Spring Break

So for you locals I would love some tips on Boating Must Do's.

I have been coming each year for past 10 years now but last year was the first with my boat. I must admit I was shy to explore and this year I hope to do a bit more running around. I run with my family so good swimming places, fishing, eat etc.

Looking forward to your replies. If you ever hit Michigan I will return the favor.

"That is if the ice ever melts :( "

So for you locals I would love some tips on Boating Must Do's.

I have been coming each year for past 10 years now but last year was the first with my boat. I must admit I was shy to explore and this year I hope to do a bit more running around. I run with my family so good swimming places, fishing, eat etc.

Looking forward to your replies. If you ever hit Michigan I will return the favor.

"That is if the ice ever melts :( "

PM me your number..we are out there all the time. pretty good group of us. We would be happy to show you around.

Jetski Junkies,
I have all your posting on FB lighting up my phone. I will get up with you guys one of these days. I am riding tomorrow morning, not sure where. If anyone is out and about, hit me up,,, 8638600950 call or text, I would love to meet some people before I take off to Afghanistan; i will be putting in at the 41 boat ramp near Beer Can Island around 730 to 8am.

What do you mean maybe?? See you there Sat and Sunday!!! Big BBQ both days!!

Back