97 Seadoo GTS adding bilge pump exit to engine vent? PICS INCLUDED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very cool stuff man !! Great ideas !! I have an XP and I"d love to see what it can do in the hands of a competent rider. I'm not into all that but... ya never know. I was a "crotch-rocketeer" before there was such a thing. LOL

I know you need more skis. Find yourself an HX if you are an old motorcycle guy. You will feel right at home with the elbow-dragging inside lean.

I know you need more skis. Find yourself an HX if you are an old motorcycle guy. You will feel right at home with the elbow-dragging inside lean.

Dude... you had to tell me that elbow dragging thing. I love IT !! My friend recently told me he used to have an HX and loved it. A fairly local guy is selling one too. Ha ha. I love knee draggin and by the way the guy in the red didn't get by me either. No 77 is me. LOL

TWS3163-1719.JPG

I never saw anyone do this goofy stuff, just started trying stuff 22 years ago. You could do it if someone else can. The ski has to have lots of power, up and down exit nozzle control, I got tired of failing electric trim and installed an HX setup. And the OEM pump extension doesn't hurt. Point nozzle up, low throttle and start turning left, crank bars right with throttle pegged and ski will leap off the water while rotating, as soon as you land have bars back to left with throttle pegged and in the air again, a braap, braap, braap and you're in the air as much as the water, left, right, left and each time you're a little higher but prepare for the total sideways landing after 3-4 braaps leaning to the inside and you'll make a stop like downhill snow skiing with the big side wave of water. You won't notice the inner sides of your knees getting raw at first, dang Jetrim sharkskin seat sides.....Anyone here go to Havasu, Body Beach?

I have an HX with a 787 in it, problem with these is it wants to fall over on 1 side when you start going faster than a stock HX does, even with nozzle up. And you know how steep the hull is on the sides. Maybe some wide sponsons. Or maybe more weight like a 951, he he.

I have an HX with a 787 in it, problem with these is it wants to fall over on 1 side when you start going faster than a stock HX does, even with nozzle up. And you know how steep the hull is on the sides. Maybe some wide sponsons. Or maybe more weight like a 951, he he.

Have you tried the X4 sponsons in the middle on the side of the HX? I know the factory racers did it to help.
434.jpg

I never tried those but one of the guys I know said it helped from sliding out in the corners, no curved hull to get a hook with. I just carved wide turns since I had the crazy XP to do the sharp 90* turns. I also heard you can make the HX more buoyant by flipping it over and filling the underside of the gunwale all the way around. I always wondered how much speed was scrubbed from the water hitting the rear edge of the gunwale on each corner, maybe just my HX but water shoots out sideways from each corner going straight like a reverse grate but above the water surface, you ever notice that on an HX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back