96 GTX wiring issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

rkkoeb

I picked up a running 96 GTX and started updating it. I had removed the hood and all the wiring when I painted the hood. Now that I have everything back together I get nothing when I put the lanyard on. Nothing happens with gauges and it will not start. I checked all the fuses and they are good, battery is strong, if I jump the starter relay it turns over. What could be my issues as it was running before I took it apart?

Thanks

Do the gauges light up if you just press the start button without the key? Do you get the 2 beeps or any other beep code when putting the key on the post? Did you check all the fuses in the rear electrical box and MPEM ?
The wiring that goes into the hood is for the info center and sensors that go to the info center and other gauges. The ski should probably run if they were disconnected and nothing else was wrong so you can try that.

No beeps and nothing happens with gauges. I do know beeper works. I checked all 4 fuses and everything Checked out good

I found the issue, corroded wires in the black box with the starter relay. I replaced the terminals on the end of the wires for the red trigger wire and all the ground wires and now works perfect.

Back