95 speedster, trouble restarting in water?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

howard513

The R(starboard engine) initial starts fine. But once in the water and it is shut off for awhile: it can either be hard to start, and/or it dies when I try to accelerate from idle, or it won't even turn over (like noelectric to the starter).
Once it's back on the trailer and down the highway home, it starts again fine.

The other engine starts fine and gets me slowly back to load it onto the trailer. Doesn't appear that any water is getting anything wet. Any ideas on where to look for a short in the electric or is it a carb/fuel problem? Do you think somehow water is getting in and it's a hydrolock problem? Compression checks out fine on both cylinders. This is a tough one to diagnosis. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Tom

This being a 12 year old watercraft, I would check the electrics on it first. Wires turn black and dont conduct like new stuff.
If its a 2 engined craft. and only starting on one engine. The power cables have to be powering both starters equal.
Plus the carbs have to be set up and running in tandem.
If not they will conflict between each other.

Dont rule out plugs and leads.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back