2014 GTR 215 won't start.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Joe321

I have spark, fuel coming out the injectors and it turns over just fine. Put the key on I get two beeps, when it stops turning over [without starting] I hear one beep.
I pumped out all the fuel from last year and put in fresh. It was running fine last year, but after sitting in a rainstorm with the cover on, it wouldn't start.
I just had it in the shop last spring when my wife and her grandson sank it. I'm at a loss. I did try a new relay? too. The one on the fuse block.
I'd appreciate any advice as I don't have the money to put it back in the shop. I've worked on motorcycles for about 50 years, but this is new to me.
Thanks for any advice.
Joe

Probably is a repercussion from being sank, how long was it under water and how long did it sit sit before it went to the shop? Was the shop a Seadoo Dealership?

You have to pull the intake manifold and dump the water out if the water level gets high on the motor.

It wasn't completely under water, but the hull was flooded. I was able to start it and get it the 50 yards to shore while the back half was submerged.
The shop was not a dealership. It was a guy who's been building and racing the standup type for decades.
It ran fine after getting it back, he replaced the gauge cluster and waterproofed the electrical connections.
That's what I can't figure out. How the heck does something go bad while just sitting for a month after it ran fine?

You have to pull the intake manifold and dump the water out if the water level gets high on the motor.
I'm sure that was done at the shop, but I'm starting to wonder if the air intake is blocked somehow? I've never taken it off and will have to , probably, find a manual to even find where it is.

And now the rest of the story....

When you replace the cluster, you have to marry it to the ECU. This requires software.

I would ask if he did marry the cluster and if he has seadoo software. It's possible that it will run with a new cluster and then not run if the battery is removed and then replaced.

Typically, when clusters aren't married. They will crank, but not start. The other big clue is the single long beep when it doesn't start which is a communication error telling me the cluster isn't being communicated with for it to run which is why it won't start. Everything else will work fine, even the cluster itself, but it won't start and only crank.

I would ask if he did marry the cluster and if he has seadoo software. It's possible that it will run with a new cluster and then not run if the battery is removed and then replaced.

Typically, when clusters aren't married. They will crank, but not start. The other big clue is the single long beep when it doesn't start which is a communication error telling me the cluster isn't being communicated with for it to run which is why it won't start. Everything else will work fine, even the cluster itself, but it won't start and only crank.
Dang! This could definitely be the problem. So I need to take it to a dealer to fix I suppose?

Or find someone with BUDS. I typically replace about a half dozen clusters a year.
Talked to the shop that worked on it and he said he does marry the cluster. I didn't know if it was something only the dealer had the software for.
I guess I'll figure out how to take the air intake apart and check that. Compession test too, if I can find my tester.

It is only dealer software unless he has pirated software. I still think it's not married properly. Should be flashed for proper year/model and then married anthem updated. Very few shops including many bad dealers that don't do it very often can't do this properly and BUDS is finicky software. I'd ask what software the shop used.

Very unlikely it is is an air intake problem unless your intake manifold is full of water which in that case the shop that worked on it should have removed and drained it.

It is only dealer software unless he has pirated software. I still think it's not married properly. Should be flashed for proper year/model and then married anthem updated. Very few shops including many bad dealers that don't do it very often can't do this properly and BUDS is finicky software. I'd ask what software the shop used.

Very unlikely it is is an air intake problem unless your intake manifold is full of water which in that case the shop that worked on it should have removed and drained it.
It's so frustrating. The only thing that happened between it running fine and not was a rainstorm, but it was covered.
Can I try starting fluid in the air intake to get it going?

Back