2010 RXT iS 260 Minimum Starting Voltage and Audio System

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

captaintrey

Hello all!

This is my first post here and this is about my first Sea Doo. I acquired it second-hand about a month ago and absolutely love it.

I'm looking at speaker pods that mount on the sides of the PWC and it includes an amp. I was going to either purchase or build a low voltage cut off but I could not locate any information as to what is the minimum voltage that will crank and start the engine. I don't want the speakers to cause me to be stranded due to low battery. My battery seems to be fine but I will purchase a new battery just to be safe prior to taking it out after the speaker installation.

My old Polaris will gladly crank at low voltage but it won't actually spark unless it is above 11.5 (I think this is the magic number... can't really remember).

Also if you have added speakers to your Sea Doo please share your experience and/or what you did to accomplish it. I'm not looking to make it loud and obnoxious like my Sea Ray has, just something to listen to some tunes out on the water. I looked a bit into a small solar panel I could take out and lay on the seat but from what I gather it would take a tremendously large panel to maintain the battery while listening to music.

Thanks! :)
Trey

10.8 volts the MPEM begins to lose the ability to function properly. It MAY crank, but often won't start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back