2006 3D DI electrical/starting issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye5861

We'll I hope someone hear can help me! I pretty much ready to burn this machine. Here's my sad story. My son bought this from a guy off ebay who swore if ran like a champ. He bought
it in winter so couldn't start it. I know, first mistake. It would start but only idle. As soon as you tried to rev it would die. After 11 months at a so called repair shop, $600.00 and a new voltage regulator,reeds and some other fuel injectors or something, brought it to the lake and no change. So my 23 year old son and his buddy figure it must be starving for fuel. They check the fuel filter and just a dribble of fuel. Tested at the pump same thing. Pulled the pump and it was absolutely filthy. Something you think the repair shop would of checked. They took it apart and cleaned it, dropped it in the lake and it ran like a top!! For about 20 minutes, then died. I think it may have given al ong beep prior to dying but not sure. After much screwing around they replaced the starter solenoid and away it went again. For 15 minutes or so, then died. After fiddling with the relay prior to the solenoid it would beep twice, start and then die in a few minutes. Then no beeps, wiggle and jiggle and then beeps but no fuel pump priming. Wiggle some more and then it would go. So changed the relay, same stuff. New battery, fully charged,13.8 volts. When we brought it out of the water prior to changing the fuel pump, I did charge the battery with a charger without disconnecting the battery, something I now know is wrong. I have read about 300 pages on this site and am reduced to thinking it is the dess post, or the + battery cable with the socket for the relay or the ECM box or whatever it's called. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. When it was running it performed flawlessly. Sorry for the long post but I'm desperate and in dire need of advice. Thanks again, Hawkeye

Try and cut back the red plastc live feed box, th one with the fuse in it. The live battery feed cable running into this sealed plastic box had corroded on mine due to salt water. Strip it and see if it's joined to the thin red cable. If not clean it solder it and seal up with silicone sealer.
Hope this works for you.

Try and cut back the red plastc live feed box, th one with the fuse in it. The live battery feed cable running into this sealed plastic box had corroded on mine due to salt water. Strip it and see if it's joined to the thin red cable. If not clean it solder it and seal up with silicone sealer.
Hope this works for you.

Whats up buddy? Long time no talk! Glad to see you are still around!

:cheers:
Greg

Ok,,, you have a lot going on. Lets break this down a bit.

At this point, it does or does NOT crank?

Does it start?

If you have to do something and then it cranks or starts, what do you do?

This will help to isolate things out a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back