2000 gtx no beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

bimmer

Hi guys, I have a 2000 gtx carb and when I attached the lanyard I have no beeps, push the starter switch and all the gauges work but still without beep and the engine does not turn over
any idea with this problem
thanks

I had a similar problem but I had no power whatsoever. I would check your connections going to the beeper with a meter and see if it's getting power.
The beepers are known to go bad after 10 yrs or so. Read this thread for an OEM replacement right from the manufacturer at 1/4th of the price from Seadoo. http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?46758-Beeper-replacement&p=296898&highlight=#post296898

Some people go to radio shack and buy a beeper there but it's a tad bigger the the SD one but only about $8.

You can buy used ones too from several people on this site.

SDB is on the right track, however since it won't turn over it's more than just a beeper. Generally no beep indicates that the lanyard is not communicating with the MPEM, but since you have gauges that's a good sign.

To check the beeper circuit remove the lead from the temp. sensor and ground it, if you get a continuous beep the beeper and circuit is O.K.

Now to get to the real problem, why the motor won't turn over. First check the battery connections be sure the are clean and tight. Next jump across the terminals of the solenoid (in the front electrical box). If it turns over it's the solenoid, if not check the starter. Also load test the battery, with the solenoid engaged the battery voltage should be no less than 11v.

Lou

Yes, Dang it. I read that the beeper didn't work so I thought of the beeper thread and not even registering in my brain that it wouldn't turn over....DUH.

Make sure the battery is good with a full and long lasting charge. If it is the solenoid that's bad then it's about a $40 part and easy to R&R.

Did the gauges go on then right back off, didnt come on at all, or stay on for 30 sec when you put the key on?

Ok...if the gauges stay on when you put the DESS key on the post...that means the MPEM is working correctly and the beeper isnt working.

Follow Doolou's post. Its a solenoid, starter, or power/ground to starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back