1997 Speedster Twin Steering stuck?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MPDano

Hello all,

Just got my Seadoo out of storage and the steering wheel won't turn. I removed the connector at the rear cable and the jets move fine left to right, but the cable is stuck. Is it time to replace my steering cable or can it be jarred loose?

If I have to remove and replace it, is there a video or thread with pics on how to?

Thanks,
Leo

Pull the storage compartment out in front of the steering wheel and see what’s going on. Maybe something simply fell into the path of the steering components.

If you cannot see anything obvious , pull the cable off the steering linkage and see if you can manipulate it by hand

Well, definatelly the cable is seized up. I noticed a small cut on the seal on the water side of the cable, probably my source. I tapped both sides of the cable with no movement. I propped up the steering wheel side of the cable and shot some pb blaster in it, doubt it will reach that far. I'll let it sit and see later while I am charging my battery.

Success. The PB Blaster loosened it up enough for me to tap it loose. I'm good for now, but going to order a new cable soon. Needed the boat for this week, so was in a bind. Thanks for the tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back