1996 Seadoo Speedster Impellers

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Hey guys, I was thinking about getting some new props for my 96 speedster. Does anyone have any recommendations? I’ve heard from Dr. Honda that the 14.5x22.5 are great for the speedster but I can’t seem to find them.

I have the Solas X props on my 96 Speedster, but they are (SD-SC-X) 16-23.

They work pretty good for getting out of the hole (pulling skier up) and top speed, but always go with Dr. Honda.

I have the Solas X props on my 96 Speedster, but they are (SD-SC-X) 16-23.

They work pretty good for getting out of the hole (pulling skier up) and top speed, but always go with Dr. Honda.
And also what’s your max rpm and mph?

Mines hitting 50 but my max rpm is 6250, it might be because I have two computers from the 1995 seadoos (i think) wired up to my engines because the original one broke, so one to each engine, but I don’t see how it would affect max rpm because I’m not bouncing the rev limiter

I don't really know how fast the boat goes or how high the engines rev. I don't think it would have a direct relevance to your boat as mine has AM air filters, no chokes and RE rotary valves with different timing. The boat does operate pretty well though with strong power from a stop and good top speed. I would think most of the Speedster boat owners could say the same.

The boat turns just fine for any kind of turn. It can be forced to spin out if that's what you mean.

What does your boat do in hard turns?

Thanks for the reply, yeah both of my engines are stock with stock air boxes, RV, and chokes except the starboard one came out of a newer ski with a 717 with a single carb.

During really hard left turns it feels like the boat comes off its power curve, I know left turns are against the torque of the engine and naturally the rpm’s drop anyways but it just seems like it losses too much power.

It might also be too rich at WOT which causes it to drop rpm and feel like a plow but I’m only 18 and don’t have much experience tuning carbs. I’ve also converted mine to premix and don’t want to go too lean in fear of blowing a 3rd motor but it would probably be hard to be lean with the 107° heat here in texas lol, but other than extreme turns the boat runs great, out of the hole shots are fast and maintains a consistent top speed

Rossier Engineering rotary valves (part number 95100) from the olden days.

Through different from stock intake timing, they boost low end torque and top end power (slightly, like 3 HP).

Go to the RE site (Rossier Engineering) and scroll to the bottom to view the "building Fast Machines Since 1991" carousel. It's the sixth carousel panel from the left.

I have the pitch that comes on the Solas X props (SD-SC-X) 16-23.

These impellers are on my boat.

I believe I still have my original SeaDoo props as backup.

Took it out today, rpm’s are at 6500-6550 but it doesn’t lose power throughout hard turns like it used to and it gets out of the hole even faster now
I got the Impellers pitched by Impros

He pitched them port:16-22.5, stbd:16-22, but he probably uses a different pitch measurement than Solas, both rpm’s are the same and out of the hole shot is fantastic as well as top speed

Back