1995 Speedster carb rebuild kits?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ORION '95 Speedster

Hi,

I have a 95 Speedster that has been sitting for years. I want to rebuild the carbs. I remember reading that there are "good" kits, and "bad" kits to use. Can someone give me the part number or a link to the "good" rebuild kit? Thanks.

Hi,

I have a 95 Speedster that has been sitting for years. I want to rebuild the carbs. I remember reading that there are "good" kits, and "bad" kits to use. Can someone give me the part number or a link to the "good" rebuild kit? Thanks.

I rebuilt a dual carb 1996 Sportster 720, I was advised by the internet to make sure I get genuine Mikuni parts for sure the float needle (with new seat) and diaphragm.

Looks like you need to search as a 1995 GTX with the 650cc engine:
http://osdparts.com/index.php?main_...ing_info&cPath=595_123_153_155&products_id=38

HOWEVER, I got OSD1222 Package #2 (for a 720!!) and ended up needing to get the $30 ebay kit to make up a few gaskets that Package #2 did not provide. After rebuilding multiple land based recreational carbs, this is by far the most expensive carb rebuild I have ever done.

The lake I enjoy is 574' above Sea Level, and it seems the factory carb settings bode well...so I would recommend resetting the carb if you're near sea level which I assume they calibrate to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I rebuilt a dual carb 1996 Sportster 720, I was advised by the internet to make sure I get genuine Mikuni parts for sure the float needle (with new seat) and diaphragm.

Looks like you need to search as a 1995 GTX with the 650cc engine:
http://osdparts.com/index.php?main_...ing_info&cPath=595_123_153_155&products_id=38

HOWEVER, I got OSD1222 Package #2 (for a 720!!) and ended up needing to get the $30 ebay kit to make up a few gaskets that Package #2 did not provide. After rebuilding multiple land based recreational carbs, this is by far the most expensive carb rebuild I have ever done.

The lake I enjoy is 574' above Sea Level, and it seems the factory carb settings bode well...so I would recommend resetting the carb if you're near sea level which I assume they calibrate to.
The extra gaskets you needed were available a la carte from osd. The kit I listed has every part EXCEPT the needle and seat.

You need part number mk-sbn 38/44 NOT mk-sn..
I can't seem to find the kit with the mk-sbn only bn like I posted. The bn kit is for the sbn and also the i carbs.

Here's the link direct from mikuni

http://www.mikunipower.com/BN01.htm

323.jpg

Well here's the update..I just picked them up, mk-sbn 38/44 and it was just a tad bit to big to fit. Which one would I need?

Here's the kit I buy for every sbn. This is where I got the part number for the post the other night.

Where did you buy a kit with sbn in the part#. I mean I could be wrong, but I have at least 7 kits on hand.
332.jpg
333.jpg
334.jpg

The one they sold me was a damn wonderosa kit and the screw holes in the new gaskets were just a tad bit too far apart on everything, like it was for a bigger carb.

The one they sold me was a damn wonderosa kit and the screw holes in the new gaskets were just a tad bit too far apart on everything, like it was for a bigger carb.
I was only being persistent because I've never seen a kit with the sbn in the part number. I always buy the same kits so I know they work. I would return that trash as soon as possible. Where did you buy them? Was it eBay, Amazon etc.... Just curious, I'd like to see the link if possible.

I got them from a local shop here in Genesee County Michigan by the name of Nord ride motorsports... I am returning these pieces of crap today

I took them back and they returned them and even gave me a 10% discount on the proper ones. I took a piece of the carb in with me this time. The part. Umber was my-bn 38/44 spn... the correct one..

I took them back and they returned them and even gave me a 10% discount on the proper ones. I took a piece of the carb in with me this time. The part. Umber was my-bn 38/44 spn... the correct one..

Sure hope your auto correct was spelling wrong this time, LOL. Hate to see you get the wrong kits again.

lol I got the right ones this time.. I told them they was for a 95 speedster so it was their fault.. they corrected it though..

OK update, I just opened up the packages for the rebuild kits and it says the check valves should be curved or concave. This is confusing because when I look at these little clear plastic check valves they look flat to me but they also have a blue ink line going across that does it matter which way I put the zone OK update, I just opened up the packages for the rebuild kits and it says the check valves should be curved or concave. This is confusing because when I look at these little clear plastic check valves they look flat to me but they also have a blue ink line going across that does it matter which way I put these on ?

OK I got the carbs all rebuilt and checked the pop off pressure, the PTO side was 28 & the mag side was 24. Is this common to have a four-point discrepancy between the two?

What's it supposed to be? They give you a window, if they're in that window or close to it, then how does it run is the important thing?

OK does anybody know what the window is? Just instructions sheet that came with the rebuild kit really doesn't tell you anything besides the check valves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back