15 amp fuse keeps blowing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt12995

The rear of the ski took on a lot of water and the rear area that has a fuse also took on water. I did not realize this for a long time. Once I found this out I series everything out and the ski ran fine on the water hose. Took it to the lake got up to around 45 display showed 12v failing or failure then died. Got it back in and discovered the 15 amp fuse in the rear was blown. Replaced it then fired it up and only ran about 5 seconds. Any idea where to start. I did clean off the terminals and reattach the red wire that is loose in the pic. Thanks. IMG_6492.JPGIMG_6490.JPG

Replaced the 15 fuse then also replaced the rectifier as I had one on hand. Ski fired up ran fine no blown fuse. Tried it several different times no issue. Pulled it out of garage today and tilted it up to make it easier to fix some trailer lights. A little bit of water came out, pulled back in and when went to see if it would blow fuse nothing happened. No lights on display no noise no nothing. I checked voltage at battery, solenoid, also checked fuses and connections. Can not figure what is going on. Why there is no power?

The rear of the ski took on a lot of water and the rear area that has a fuse also took on water. I did not realize this for a long time. Once I found this out I series everything out and the ski ran fine on the water hose. Took it to the lake got up to around 45 display showed 12v failing or failure then died. Got it back in and discovered the 15 amp fuse in the rear was blown. Replaced it then fired it up and only ran about 5 seconds. Any idea where to start. I did clean off the terminals and reattach the red wire that is loose in the pic. Thanks. View attachment 47376View attachment 47377
WHERE did you re-attach the loose red wire? It should go to the solenoid post side that connects to the battery. Did you check the electric connector on TOP of the BOX for corrosion?

12V low is telling you that the ski is not seeing a voltage (usually greater than 13 volts) back to the battery (through that 15A fuse) to maintain the battery at a "starting" voltage (usually at least 12.6 V needed). Sort through the wiring, look for corrosion, check continuity through the harnesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back