Went for a ride today on the old 'Doo.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

racerxxx

Not shabby for a 35 year old sled with just over 1,500 original miles on the original UNTOUCHED engine. This is why I love BRP. Enjoy the ride, it's not much but it's hell of a blast. Tons of drifting, there is ice under a good portion of this snow so even with picks in the track I still couldn't get much traction. I used the Gopro and recorded it in 1080 at 30fps.

[video=youtube;uQaT-LXkgt4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQaT-LXkgt4[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess you guys aren't getting hammered with the same storms hitting boston, eh?

Nah, we're getting small snow storms this year. 3 here, 4 there, rain, another 3 or 4. But, I can't complain, I still get to ride.

The other good thing is, my parents only live a few miles from me. So I don't have to travel far to ride, it was a great place to grow up, now my kids enjoy it there when we go and ride quads. A few years back when we were getting hammered with storm after storm I put on 94 miles in 3 days around their place. I had a track that I just kept running, pushing faster and faster. These old sleds are a handful, you need body english to throw them around. It's like when I ride my HX, I go from one side of the seat to the other and not much in the middle.

Drug it out of the barn a few years ago.

339.jpg

Cleaned it up and went through it.

340.jpg

As much as I HATE snow that actually looks pretty fun.

I think it was about 19 degrees yesterday, when your out there your not even thinking about the temps. At least I don't. I guess it's something you just get used to growing up with.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Looks like you have a couple 80s mustangs and trucks laying around.

Yeah, we have a bunch of stuff laying around. 79-86 Fox body Mustangs are my favorite. Although, I like most Mustangs. The keepers are kept inside the barns. The old man has scrapped a bunch of cars already but scrap is down and it's too cold to cut them up now. I go over and load a trailer of scrap metal to cover seadoo parts costs.

Cleaned it up and went through it.

Could you at least put a Green pin stripe or something on it for me? ;)

Cool sled, Is that near your home? I would love to have open testing land in my back yard like that. I have been clutch tuning recently & there has been little to now snow here. Complete bust compared to last year.

Hah, no green stripe. My parents live about 3 miles from me so I can go when ever I want. Growing up there I have probably put hundreds of miles on around those fields and creek beds. I wrecked a brand new zero hour Kitty kat before the guys own kid even saw it, what would you expect from a 4 year old. Back then I was grip 'n rip. Here's the same ride but in the summer on my trike. That sux about the snow out your way, we had good snow last year, but not this.

[video=youtube;ND0KPcD4_dU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND0KPcD4_dU[/video]

I can see it now, your 75 year old dad sittin on the back porch drinking a PBR and your mom sitting next to him doing a crossword puzzle watching their 40 year old son flying by going 50, poppin wheelies on his 3 wheeled death machine with some new fangled camera machine strapped on his head and your dad saying to your mom, "that damn boy ain't ever gunna grow up"...

Lol, you nailed it. Except it's Bud not PBR. They knew years ago I wasn't growing up. My mom is the one who insisted I stick with the 3 wheelers, she never like the quads when they outlawed the trikes. Even pops gets out there with all the grand kids on their quads.

Lucky dog.
I always wanted to live where it snowed enough to have a Ski-Doo, looks like a blast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back