Unused seadoo gti 2006 for 15 years

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

100mphsteve

Hi I have a seadoo 2006 gti with 20hours on the clock not been used for 15 years been stored in dry garage what’s the best way to restart after all that time? New fuel new battery change oil? Anything that’s a must do? Anything to check first before trying to start?

Hi I have a seadoo 2006 gti with 20hours on the clock not been used for 15 years been stored in dry garage what’s the best way to restart after all that time? New fuel new battery change oil? Anything that’s a must do? Anything to check first before trying to start?
Could the engine seized after all that time?

I would drain the fuel tank to not suck up any more bad fuel into the pump. Then I would install a new battery. Then I would put the key on the post and see if the fuel pump runs. If the fuel pump runs, then with the throttle fully depressed, wide open throttle (which disables the fuel injectors) I would see if the engine turns over for 5 seconds or so. If the engine turns over, then I would be comfortable to invest the time and money in replacing spark plugs, oil and filter, coolant, and 4 gallons of new fuel, and a 1/4 of a bottle of B12 Chemtool in the fuel tank to help clean up the fuel injectors. Then I would try to start it and go from there… hopefully it runs well and you can get it on the water for a real test. You will probably have some other things needed, maybe even replacing fuel injectors if it runs poorly, but that would be my approach.

I would drain the fuel tank to not suck up any more bad fuel into the pump. Then I would install a new battery. Then I would put the key on the post and see if the fuel pump runs. If the fuel pump runs, then with the throttle fully depressed, wide open throttle (which disables the fuel injectors) I would see if the engine turns over for 5 seconds or so. If the engine turns over, then I would be comfortable to invest the time and money in replacing spark plugs, oil and filter, coolant, and 4 gallons of new fuel, and a 1/4 of a bottle of B12 Chemtool in the fuel tank to help clean up the fuel injectors. Then I would try to start it and go from there… hopefully it runs well and you can get it on the water for a real test. You will probably have some other things needed, maybe even replacing fuel injectors if it runs poorly, but that would be my approach.
Thanks sounds like good advice

One other suggestion I'd add is to remove the spark plugs and spray a good deal of penetrating lube into the cylinders, and let it sit overnight before attempting to crank it. In case the bores have gotten a bit sticky with rust, it'll help free them and avoid scoring the cylinders.

Advice from someone who rebuilds wrecked cars....

Never turn over any engine with a questionable history with the plugs in it.

As mentioned above.

Pull the plugs. Add some Marvel Mystery Oil to each cyl. Let sit for a day or so.

Turn over with no plugs until you don't have spray.

Put the plugs back in and attempt to start.

So what has the OP done and is it running?
Yes ok drained fuel tank, put fresh fuel new battery tried to start with wide open throttle as suggested but nothing! So tried with no throttle and started up perfect I let it run on the hose for few mins give a few blips of the throttle and ran spot on! Turned the hose off give a few more blips on throttle to clear the exhaust, it’s sounded absolutely perfect! So next I’ll do an oil and coolant change and oil filter. It’s up for sale now as I don’t have any storage what do you think value should be?
Also thanks for help in replys

Back