swap push button mpem with dess mpem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pbob42

Got a 98 717 GTS for free. No carb, just abandoned at a rental unit - didn't have a DESS for it. I have an old 95 push button GTS without an engine in it. I swapped the MPEMs just to get a good compression test. the 98 motor has good compression. Can I just leave this MPEM in it and run it this way?

thanks

You are missing the DESS post and you swapped the MPEM from the 1995 because it is a push button. Is this correct? Timimg curve on the different engines may be a consideration. The true test would be your riding it. :) I think you are going to have trouble finding knowledgeable people from that era. I had a failed MPEM on a 1996 587 engine and my personal GURU told me, put the computer on there and see if it works. LOL It blew up just like the one before. LOL Apparently if the computer works on the ski it works.

actually I just wanted to do a quick compression test and there was no DESS key for this jetski. I had that mpem laying around - popped it in to spin the motor around. Compression is good. Got to thinking, why not just leave this mpem in, rather than send the original in for a new DESS and reprogramming. I need to put a carb on this to button everything up. I just didn't want to get on the water and blow everything up because I swapped out the MPEM.

Looks like a water test is coming. thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back