Seadoo Forum Group Rides in Florida 2013

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
ya, w'ere working on that, I'd be willing to consider Bradenton again, but with a guide this time, we kind of got hung out to dry on the last one... Ruskin on the 14th is out, honeymoon business.

so the location is still "open" but we'd like it between maybe port charlotte and Tampa.

These 2 rides were set up by Kevin H of JSJ on their facebook page .... https://www.facebook.com/groups/JETSKIJUNKIESUSA/10151376596086194/?notif_t=group_comment_reply

So far most people are going on Sunday. If riders from SDforum want to meet at the ramp on SR64 West of I-75, we can join in with them.

2 RIDES, SAME WEEKEND SO MAN UP!!!

SAT 4/13: KISSIMMEE RIVER RESTORED SECTION, South to North & back from the Istokpoga Canal Ramp. We usually do this run twice so that's total of 100 miles for 2 rides so if you want to run it twice, bring extra fuel, leave in truck - 11am launch, bring lunch.

SUN 4/14: MANATEE RIVER TOUR, Will ride Manatee Upper & Lower, Terra Ceia & Braden River. SR 64 Ramp(Anyone in Bradenton & south of River) 10am, Highland Shores Ramp, 351 Shore Dr Ellenton, FL(Anyone on North side of River) 9:30am. Anyone putting in @ Highland we'll ride over to SR 64 Ramp to meet the rest. Lunch Woody's River Roo.

Some of the postings:
Kev H @ Tim, the Manatee Tour is simple, we just run all the flat water parts, lunch @ Woodys then ride some more, no idea on hours but we are usually done by 3/4pm, this is a fun soft ride:)

Kev H Sundays Ride that is, lol

Tim T - Cool, I'm in. I hope I can talk "my little" group to join your ride. P.S. I'll bring a towing rope too, just in case ..LOL

Every time this post comes up I am saddened I do not live down south...

As I said above,,, I will be there eventually. Plan on retiring there so I can enjoy the water. I am an avid scuba diver as well...

All these Florida rides make me wish I could hook the trailer, hop in the car and cruise down! At some point I'll do it!

UPDATE for April 2013 rides in Florida

OK SO LOTS OF INFO FOR APRIL 2013:
SAT 4/6/13 - Jettribe Pro-Hydro X Tour Round 1, Gulfport, FL

SUN 4/7/13 - OWR St John to the Glen Ride, Deland, FL

SAT 4/13/13: KISSIMMEE RIVER RESTORED SECTION, South to North & back from the Istokpoga Canal Ramp. We usually do this run twice so that's total of 100 miles for 2 rides so if you want to run it twice, bring extra fuel, leave in truck - 11am launch, bring lunch.

SUN 4/14/13: MANATEE RIVER TOUR, Will ride Manatee Upper & Lower, Terra Ceia & Braden River. SR 64 Ramp(Anyone in Bradenton & south of River) 10am, Highland Shores Ramp, 351 Shore Dr Ellenton, FL(Anyone on North side of River) 9:30am. Anyone putting in @ Highland we'll ride over to SR 64 Ramp to meet the rest. Lunch Woody's River Roo.

FRI/SAT/SUN 4/19 - 4/21/13: Ft Desoto Camping & Riding hosted by OWR, https://www.facebook.com/events/175022575954926/

FRI/SAT/SUN 4/26 - 4/28/13: JET SKI BASH hosted by TBJSC, Magnesun Hotel, St. Pete, FL www.jetskibash.com

damn, thanks for doin all the leg work seadoobuddy, i'm so sad, i'm pretty sure i can't make it any of these weekends

Sorry Nam.
Maybe next time we can meet up.

Right now we have 3 members meeting at the SR64 ramp and about a dozen at the "301" ramp.

Any other takers?
Post here or on the Jetski Junkie page on Facebook.

well, the dunedin grill and chill was a good turnout, tents, bbq grills, fair - to good weather, i got a sunbuned face, i seen alot of people, eating alot of food, and boy i tell you, the homemade cookies.....(excellent) please tell all the girls who made the cookies ken .....

I will, looked for you when we went out for our ride but didn't see you out there. Glad you had a good day, my face and ears are also burnt. See you at the end of the month.

April 14th....

We have 9 so far meeting at the SR64 ramp and about 10-12 more on the north ramp.

Will be launching at the SR64 boat ramp in the link below. Best idea to arrive at the ramp by 9:30. Will be riding the upper and lower Manatee river as well as Braden River and Terra Ceia Bay. Will stop at Woody's River Roo for Lunch. Primary Launch Location: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=27.495602,-82.526781&num=1&t=h&z=19

Those on the North side of the river can launch at 351 Shore Dr
Ellenton, FL

Link here shows relationship of two launch locations:
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...Ed4sAU-w&t=h&gl=us&mra=mift&mrsp=1&sz=16&z=15

The SR64 Launch is directly South from here. Those launching at Northern ramp will meet up at the SR64 ramp with the others at 10.

sorry I'm not going to make it, unfortunately as of last Friday, i'm without a personal ski as I shop around for a replacement toy.

Sorry to hear that Spim, but at least you'll get a "new" ski soon.
good thing you got that new truck to pull the heavier 4 strokes.

Yes i got the ski out and it ran perfect...but it has other issues.
The oil leak was 5 hairline cracks in the oil tank not the grommet (also replacing it)as I thought. it would only leak when about 3/4 full. I took it to Joe Kingsland in sarasota, after the ride. Also had him check the VTS. (motor good but bad boot and module), check the fuel baffle( bad float which I had already bought and also bad sending unit). OH, last guy (I assume) who worked on it, rounded off the bottom pipe nut. Probably didn't have the right wrench.
Ordered all the parts from [MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION]. More pics and the mat replacement coming soon in my GSX thread after I get home.

Lets see if i did this right.
Uploading pics from photobucket to here.

see next 2 posts for pics.....

EDIT:
Well, I guess I didn't do it correctly.
How do I get all the pics to show up here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to Racerxxx for directions for Photobucket.
Here few pics of lunch time. Total of 16 skis with 19 riders.

The south ramp is at the green arrow just below the "T" of the 2 rivers. The north ramp was across the river, They came to the South ramp and then we went West made a big loop and went East past Marsh Island. Had lunch at Woodys (just East of I-75 on the north side), then went past the South ramp into the Braden River which was much calmer. Total ride was 52 miles. Left the ramp at about 10am and got back at 3pm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back