remove exhaust bolts 717/657

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

77Eltigre

where the tuned pipe meets the exhaust manifold, how the hell do you get at the front Allen bolt on the port side? everyone complains about the nut but it's not hard just tedious. Is there a way to do it in the boat? or am I best off to pull the whole exhaust off and out of the boat to take that off?

where the tuned pipe meets the exhaust manifold, how the hell do you get at the front Allen bolt on the port side? everyone complains about the nut but it's not hard just tedious. Is there a way to do it in the boat? or am I best off to pull the whole exhaust off and out of the boat to take that off?
Send a picture, I think your speaking of one of the Allen bead ones? I took one of my Allen bits from my socket set, it was about 3/4 inches long, cut it down to about a half inch long, put it in the Allen head bolt and use a 1/4” wrench to turn it out. You will need to lift up on the exhaust as your turning it out.

Send a picture, I think your speaking of one of the Allen bead ones? I took one of my Allen bits from my socket set, it was about 3/4 inches long, cut it down to about a half inch long, put it in the Allen head bolt and use a 1/4” wrench to turn it out. You will need to lift up on the exhaust as your turning it out.
If you didn't have a ratcheting wrench that sounds like hell, I managed to get the bugger out with a really long wobble head allen key, however I am not looking forward to putting it back in

If you didn't have a ratcheting wrench that sounds like hell, I managed to get the bugger out with a really long wobble head allen key, however I am not looking forward to putting it back in
Right on, when I was taking it off of my 717, it was the only thing I could think of, wasn’t bad though, fresh water machines. only a minute or so. The grommets on the fuel pump, now that was hell for me

Back