Oil injection nipple 951

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

2strokeboy

I have a 951 that has a broken oil injection nipple. How do i go about getting this out and also getting a new one?

What are you calling a nipple. On the pump or going into the cylinders or air pump?

I'm trying to picture the carb engine nipple locations. I modified a pair of Vise-Grips many years ago. I made a slide hammer out of them. I clamp the fitting with the Vise-Grips (Gently) and use the slide hammer to (gently) remove the fittings. The fittings are not tight and are easy to remove. With the slide hammer rig I can remove and replace the same fitting without damaging it. Fittings cost $30 and I keep a couple of spares. Picture is of the fittings to which I believe you are referring. This is a DI but the Carb model fittings are on the opposite side of the engine. These fittings are actually check valves.

Re-inserting I use loctite 609 and (gently) tap the fitting into position. Easy Peasy. Good Luck.

GTX DI Engine oil check valves.jpg

This is a video of the tool. They probably sell something like this today. I made it in 1976. :D :D Very very handy tool to have. I've made others as well. It is all about "how" you like to work. Tool preferences are as different as people doing the work. Good Luck !!

Gene's Vise-Grip Knocker Thingy

This is a video of the tool. They probably sell something like this today. I made it in 1976. :D :D Very very handy tool to have. I've made others as well. It is all about "how" you like to work. Tool preferences are as different as people doing the work. Good Luck !!

Gene's Vise-Grip Knocker Thingy
Love that tool, I have a welder so I will definitely be making one of these in the future. Just have to figure out what I’m going to use for the weight, luckily I keep all my old parts from automotive repairs even when they are junk so hopefully I will have something lying around

Love that tool, I have a welder so I will definitely be making one of these in the future. Just have to figure out what I’m going to use for the weight, luckily I keep all my old parts from automotive repairs even when they are junk so hopefully I will have something lying around

My BIG CAUTION is, you'll notice where the slide meets the end piece and both have a nice bevel. It wasn't like that last year. The end piece had a squared off face/edge. For 40 years I used that thing and last year the palm of my hand got pinched near my little finger. Whew, Ouch. Needless to say I immediately put the thing in the lathe and gave some relief. Wasn't too bloody but I had a reminder for a week. :D

Being me, talking to my tools and stuff I work on is normal. So I told that tool.... 40 freakin years you been waitin to GET ME !! Enjoy IT !!!! cuz it won't happen again you @$#&!! I am getting better with my cursing though, I love this work too much to complain like I do. Such a Blessing to be able to do these things we all do and accomplish what we accomplish. Not many people can.

Back