Newly Purchased 717 Engine SBT

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ddanster

Just got in a newly rebuilt motor from SBT, 717 which upon installing, starting and flushing it with water I found a water leak at one of the bolts on the head. Courious on any opinions on the cause of the leak. I am going to contact there warranty people tomorrow. Water slowly trickles out of the bolt head which I have marked with an arrow on the attachement. I am not looking forwad to removing this and shipping it out...grrrr :(. This is the first engine I have gotten from them...other times I've used Seadoo engine shop.

Attachments

• IMG_20150604_111017_964.jpg
    IMG_20150604_111017_964.jpg
    895.3 KB · Views: 46
No bueno! Make sure you go through them because if you try to open it yourself they will probably void your warranty. Try to get them to cover shipping both ways but you might be SOL on the shipping.

I would be so mad, a stupid little thing like that holding everything up. Hopefully they will just let you take the bolt out and re-torque it and hope it cures the leak

I would be so mad, a stupid little thing like that holding everything up. Hopefully they will just let you take the bolt out and re-torque it and hope it cures the leak

I'll give them a ring tomorrow and see if they will let me. Either its a torque issue or a small crack near those cooling passages

Looks like I got lucky. I called SBT and they approved me to seal up the leak myself. Pulled the head off and gasket ed it up...let it cure over night and no water leak now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back