need more power (amps)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, and welcome to the Seadoo forum.

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. Please elaborate, give us more details, what is your boat doing, is your battery not charging? Also please give us a more detailed description of your location, the United States is a pretty big place.

I have a feeling this thread needs to be moved.

Lou

Amp clipping

Hi, and welcome to the Seadoo forum.

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. Please elaborate, give us more details, what is your boat doing, is your battery not charging? Also please give us a more detailed description of your location, the United States is a pretty big place.

I have a feeling this thread needs to be moved.

Lou

I'm located in New Jersey I have a 2008 sea doo challenger I just got done installing a Rockford fosgate 500x2 punch amp and 2 Rockford fosgate 8 inch 2way speakers to the stock Jensen head unit I used 4 gauge wire and keep the amp close to battery and I installed a capacitor now at low volume it works fine but as I turn it up it starts to clip quickly and will keep doing it till the volume is turned down from what it looks like the amp isn't getting enough power the cap digital read out will read 12v -11.8v even with the boat running it does the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I would think you will need to feed that with a separate battery. The charging system on the Seadoos is not a high figure. So,,, you will need to come up with the amperage you need to feed the unit. I would wire it so that it is switchable from the main battery so that you can use it in the event you need it for the ski.

Yep... ad a second battery. Something in the group 27 size range. Then feed it with an isolator. That way, once the main battery is back up to charge... then the second will take some power.

As far as getting more "Amps" out of your boat engine... you can't. The stator is small.

With that said... you could call someone like Ricky Stator, or Baja Design, and see if they would be willing to look at it for you. (They build high output coils for motorcycles and ATV's) Even if they can get more power out of it... it won't be cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back