Need for speed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyFrazy

I just bought a 2002 Sea Doo XP on Sat. and took it out. My top speed is 65 according to the speedo. Is there anything I can do that is within reason for $$$ to increase the speed. I was told that sanding the bottom apposed to waxing would make it go slightly faster. Any suggestions??

could be, best way to know for sure is to use gps. they always show higher speed than it actually is.

I just bought a 2002 Sea Doo XP on Sat. and took it out. My top speed is 65 according to the speedo. Is there anything I can do that is within reason for $$$ to increase the speed. I was told that sanding the bottom apposed to waxing would make it go slightly faster. Any suggestions??

i would like to meet the person that said sand the hull, think about it a rough texture vs smooth and water repellent, ive meet racers that coat there hulls with a wd-40 type to make there skis go faster, ive gained around 1mph polishing my hull and getting rid of any defects, this works great till the wax starts wearing away
the spedoo's are usually 5mph off, gps is the most accurate

look around, impellors and intake grate are going to be the cheapest and easiest ti install, but before that spend money do all maintenance, like new plugs, new fuel filter, new oil filter, change fuel lines if there still grey

The guy who told me about the sanding works at our local Baja shop. When the hull is smooth it actually sticks to the hull more but if it is roughed up slightly then it breaks the water. At any rate, it seems that basic maintenance is my best best and cleaning the rave(??) valves.

its true waxing is not good for speed something scientific i dont know its been a few years since I read it but something along the lines of surface tension and sanding is a speed gainer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back