need advice to help me determine if my crank shaft is bad.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregpaulc

Recent 1st time sea doo buyer. 94 XP 657x and 95 SPI . Purchased the Sea Doos and noticed milky oil in cylinder jugs. Top end cover was off the XP motor. The seat was off the ski in the pics on marketplace. Dont know if it rained in them. Got the ski home and pulled motor. Opened the crank case. Top end looks great other than some rust discoloration on cylinder walls. Cylinders and walls are very smooth. there marked 1.00 mm, Im assuming that is 1mm over factory bore. Crank case looks great as far as I can tell. Its very clean and looks new. My only concern is the inner seals on crankshaft. The inner most seals look a little worn down where they press up against what im guessing are the inner bearing cases or housings. Is there supposed to be a little space between those seals and the bearing housings. it looks like there is some small gaps where seals dont but up to bearing housings. trying to send pic from phone to computer but its not working. I posted a few days ago with pics. dont know if you can search my posts under gregpaulc for pics. Any input would be greatly appreciated

I posted again and attached a pic. It's but blurry. I can still see at the right of pic gasket is closer to bearings. I tagged you in that new post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back