Mods for Speedster 2007 430hp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Supchargered25

Hey anyone have any ideas on how to make the speedster top out at a higher speed. I raced a 310 hp one and really didnt pull on it to much. It top out a 65 mph with 1/4 tank of gas and pretty much everything taken out of it. What do poeple do to the RXPs to make them faster? Dose wax do anything? Is there a impeller for higher speeds? What other mods? Need more speed have to beat a Donzi this summer and need some ideas. Want to get around 75mph+

hmmmmmmmmm?

hmmmmmmmmmmmm........now I wonder who's little old 310hp you weren't able to really pull away from?........:rofl:
If your really looking to get a little more speed, then you can do a google on a watercraft performance shop like R&D or Riva and change the pitch of your impellor for better top end. Which means, your bottom end on take off would suck. But if you went with the NOS system, you could eleminate the loss of your bottom end. I don't really recommend making these kind of mods since in the long run, they will shorten the engines life. But that's the way I'd probably go. Oh, btw, the NOS system won't get you more speed, it'll only get your there faster. The impellor change is where your extra speed would come in. So the two together would probably be a good mod. Also, when you talk about beating this Donzi, you don't say what type of race. If it's a drag race, then the nitrous might be all you need, but if it's for distance, then the impellor change would be good. But what's so funny, a lot of the time in a race, the winner is decided on the drivers ability to handle the boat efficiently..................good luck......
Oh, here's a link to the NOS systems for watercraft. http://www.magnumforceracing.com/nitrous_oxide_systems_motorcycles.asp

I just use seadoosnips' secret for speed...I rub butter all over the hull before I dump it in the water....it add's a nice grease streak in the water behind my boat ....smells good too...:rofl:

I use teflon wax and have had good results with less friction. I don't want to void my warranty by adding aftermarket products to the drive train on my little 310hp speedster.

My buddies boat a 2000 donxz zx 35 footer, and his boat tops out at 74 mph. I just have to out run him its a top out race. He wont drag race it. All i want is to pull on him he would be so pissed.

G'Day, can't remember where i read it but some one said that wax on the hull will slow you down because of the vacuum created by the surface tension of water and that if you made the hull slightly rough it would work better and have less resistance because of the small air bubles created by the cavitation.

Creative.....

Wow, the logic in that almost sounds like it will work. But I think I'll mark that up to folklore, at least till someone else comes in to argue their point with me.
To create those tiny bubbles for gliding across, your actually creating drag by roughing up the edges a little. So I don't know how that could actually allow you to be faster. I think that principle your talking about comes from the idea that the less area of surface you have actually in contact with the water, the less friction is created, so the faster you can go.
In watching the surf competition, they always wax up their boards for speed. There must be something to it because the market sells a lot of beeswax and parafin..............
HOLD THE PRESS!.......
O.K., while writing this post, I was doing a little research at the same time. It seems that the reason surfers wax their boards is to stay on them.....not to make them go faster. I did some poking around and found that skaters wax. But they grind before waxing.......so I leave this one to the members for input.
What do you think? Does waxing the bottom surface of your boat make you go any faster?..........

The proving fact while I was in the racing scene of Kawasaki stand-up Jet ski's I experimented with all kinds of techniques and materials from wax, to wd-40 to scuffing the bottom with sandpaper, cheese cloth...ect. for better corner grip.
I was always looking for an edge for faster times, and 200-400 foot dash to the first corner. The end results which I won't bore the forum with numbers and times ...was Teflon Wax worked the best and cost the most...(figures) for straight 200-400 foot runs and cornering ability than any other substance. I spent countless hours over a 5 year race career to achieve a quicker surface. I even tried different surfaces such as clear coat, single stage paint...gelcote. Just to get a quicker slicker surface.

Karl

Ok, So it sounds like i wont be sanding the bottom of my boat this weekend!!
I couldn't make myself do it anyway.
Although i think the sand from pulling up on the beach might be doing a job on the bottom anyway.
Time for Teflon.:)

Beaching....

Beaching the boat over time will rub down through the gel coat. Especially at the curve of the bow........
I don't usually beach my boat, just preference. I pull up close and toss out the anchor. But now, I'm mostly on a river, so there's not always a lot of room for boats to beach. We have a spot where we all meet up at one spot then a few drop anchor and other just tie up, side by side to socialize. And show off their sound systems.....not to mention the "hotties' layin across the back decks, catching some sun.
I wonder if they know all us guys are looking? I wonder if there doing it on purpose to make us wonder if they know we are watching?..........:rofl:

I know this is an older thread, but I was just reading it and wanted to comment. One of my hobbies is RC boats and a lot of racers now scuff the bottoms of the boats to improve the speed.

Don't know if it is the same principle or not, but with my boat- I had coated it with different waxes and slid it across the carpet, then I sanded it and did the same and it slid MUCH easier after being wet sanded with 600 grit than it did with any wax..

More Speed

Have An 07 Speedster 200 430...
Here Are The List Of Mods...as I Have Done Them..

1st. Mod.....4 1/2" Intakes With K & N's...oil Catch Cans...
2nd. Mod.....jerry's Green Wheel With Washers...14/19r Props...modded Water Boxes...ss Liners...riva Adj. Nozzles...

3rd. Mod...just Completed...xs Intercoolers...rrfrp's...15/20 Props...
Should Be @75mph +/- Once Dialed In....

Teflon wax you said Karl? How much does that usually cost? Usually the more expensive the better the product. USUALLY. Get me back with these questions, I think i might try this wax.

Oh another dumb question about the wax. Does it matter if its spray on or liquid? Does it make a difference or not? Witch one did you use? Thanks for the help!

Call Dave at Impros he may know if it is even possible to hit that speed with a stock engine and a upgraded impeller. If the engines can handle more rpms I am prety sure you could do this with a beter top end prop and a pricy performance ignition system if available. :cheers:

hey dose anyone know what kind of prop i should get for top end. Because i need two new props after this summer is over because my boat sucks everything up. Its a tramp i know. Ya know it will only do 62 mph before it went almost 70 so. I need more speed.
Thanks

430 HP and not fast enough ???

Holy cow I have 160 HP.

Its all in the weight. Boat hulls push a lot of water, the more hull you can get out of the water at plane, the better. Any wax you put on will last about 15 minutes.

Power to weight ratio -
My 95 Speedster 1200 lb 160HP = 7.5 pounds per horsepower

2008 430 Wake 2800 lb 430 HP = 6.5 pounds per horsepower

So you spent $40,000 more than I did and gained 1 pound per horsepower.
Now if you can get your weight down to 2500 you're at 5.8 pounds per horsepower. That is a big gain.

hey dose anyone know what kind of prop i should get for top end. Because i need two new props after this summer is over because my boat sucks everything up. Its a tramp i know. Ya know it will only do 62 mph before it went almost 70 so. I need more speed.
Thanks

your boat sucks everything up.... and it went 70 now only does 62? id check your wear ring(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back