laughlin invasion 2011 june 19-26

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

decoy6969

Hello everyone we are looking for more fun pwc enthusists to come and enjoy our second annual laughlin invasion. There is camping on the waters edge at a park or u can stay at one of many resorts for aound $180-$200 for five nights stay.we are looking for more pwc riders and good poeple that enjoy riding and meeting other riders. This was the first year and great poeple mark,doug,martin,michelle,leah all from the south west were great to make friends and ride with and we came from illinois. If any intrest u can ride from davis dam all the way to hoover dam about 58 miles one way. and lots of great veiws of the mountains and crystal clear water. feel free to look us up on facebook under laughlin invasion 2 2011. if we can get a good group to want to reserve i can work a deal with harrahs laughlin great place for pwc riders great parking gas station and pools and beach.:cool::cheers:

Havasu 2011

I missed the last one although I did make it to Havasu in August.

Definitely count me in, I will keep in touch...

Thanks!

Xtremp3, I was just reading your signature with your mods on the ski. That sounds awesome. Got any pics or videos to share? I'd like to check that out.

Thanks for your interest RFoster,

Go to www.xtremp3.com to check out more pics.

Website far from done but for now serves as a good place to check out what
we have done.

We have been at this for quite some time and have just finished our 1000 mile
testing (900 miles on ocean GPS logged).

We did our first Havasu trip with our systems and the response from people were awesome.

The sound is beyond most peoples comprehension of what is possible on a personal watercraft.

We love it and it's hard to stay off that thing...

The best part is NO fiberglass was cut or modified for these systems.

Hello everyone we are looking for more fun pwc enthusists to come and enjoy our second annual laughlin invasion. There is camping on the waters edge at a park or u can stay at one of many resorts for aound $180-$200 for five nights stay.we are looking for more pwc riders and good poeple that enjoy riding and meeting other riders. This was the first year and great poeple mark,doug,martin,michelle,leah all from the south west were great to make friends and ride with and we came from illinois. If any intrest u can ride from davis dam all the way to hoover dam about 58 miles one way. and lots of great veiws of the mountains and crystal clear water. feel free to look us up on facebook under laughlin invasion 2 2011. if we can get a good group to want to reserve i can work a deal with harrahs laughlin great place for pwc riders great parking gas station and pools and beach.:cool::cheers:

Hey scott its me mark. Still in texas and I sold my RXP. Now looking for a inexpensive ride to play with (used)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok everything is fixed. We are still set for june19-26 ,2011. Come one come all. laughlin is great because of the great water, no crowds and great room rates. Anyone interested hit me up with a PM.\

mark

Last year I couldn't make the trip because my anticipated weekend project to replace the crankshaft on one of my 93 GTX's took six weekends. I spent more time running around trying to find bolts than removing/replacing the CS.

I know that some fairy must have stolen the bolts after I removed them because I surely would not have misplaced them!!!!

In the interim when I was running back n forth to the local Sea Doo dealer here in Riverside, CA I saw a couple 96 GTX's for sale for about 8 grand. So, on an impulse, (bad idea) I began haggling to bring the price down to around 5 grand and fortunately for me, someone else bought em.

But not all was lost because since I always wanted a pair of Kawi 1100 STX's, on that same day I found a matching pair.

Now, albeit I still have my 93 GTX's that go up for sale in April, if I can bring my Kawi's on da trip, count the White Man and his woman in for da trip.

Joey G

Last edited by a moderator:
So...meet up in the morning, on the 20th, at the Taco Bell, across the bridge???

Greetings From Riverside, CA:

I am writing in response to your planned Davis Dam to Hoover Dam trip in June.

I have a several questions regarding trip preperation.

OK, 1) You related that the one way trek from Davis Dam to Hoover Dam is approximately 58 miles. Will our PWC's go 116 miles on a full tank?

2) If not, are there places along the river to fill up? (Gas is not cheap o nthe River)

3) I have two 93 GTX's that have 8.7 gallon tanks that will burn up all fuel at WOT in 1 1/4 hrs.

4) I also have two 97 Kawi 1100 STX's that have 14 gal tanks and they burn about the same amount of gas (1 1/10) in the same time period.

5) The 96-99 SD GTX's do about the same, 1hr 8 min.

6) Those issues are important for everyone to know.

There are several great camping areas up river from Lake Mojave, however, some require advanced reservations.

If you need any help from me, let me know. I've been a River Rat since 63, navigating from Lake Martinez in San Diego up to Lake Powell in Utah, however, I spend most of my time in Parker. (next dam south of Davis)

I did some time on Dearborn in the Federal Bldg back in 75 but when the snows came I QUICKLY turned in my gold badge and suits and headed back to CA, jumping back into Border Patrol green to chase wet backs again.

Baja:

Yeah, I forgot about Willow Beach because that is where I always launch when I am cruising Black Canyon, with a full tank before I launch.

I don't like Katherine's Landing because it is so busy, so, yep, you are right again regarding Cottonwood Cove. also prefer launching from CC rather than KL because I am above Lake Mojave. Like Lake Havasu, it is too big and when the winds kick up, its tuff navigating on a Jet Ski or other PWC.

I am out in Parker for a few days and the winds kicked in big time on Sunday and today, but tomorrow looks mo betta. The water is still a tad chilly.

BLACK CANYON RESTRICTIONS: l

Motorized Vessel Use - Willow Beach to Hoover Dam

To allow for a wide variety of recreational opportunities the following rules are in effect:

Year-round (Sunday and Monday)

The canyon from Willow Beach to Hoover Dam (Black Canyon) will be managed as a primitive zone where people can experience a variety of motor-less recreational opportunities in a natural setting. Personal watercrafts (PWCs) and vessels with motors are prohibited on Sunday and Monday year round.

Contact info

Hello everyone sorry I have not been on in awhile. Anyone looking for info can email me at sdupnorth@yahoo.com thanks. As of right now people will be arriving on sat and Sunday. Some are going to camp at a park on the shore line others are going to camp for a couple and then stay at a resort. And some will go back to the resort every night. What ever u want to do u can so I hope to meet some more great people. Feel free to contact me with any questions. There are plenty of places to fill up the water crafts on and off the water with gas. You can also find us on Facebook. Under Laughlin invasion 2 thanks.

Im arriving sunday evening around 7pm. Ya black canyon is out for sun/mon. We were thinking about a wed run. As for gas theres places along the way and I have 2 -2 gal cans to bring along. Check us out on facebook. search laughlin invasion II

mark

Hey scott its me mark. Still in texas and I sold my RXP. Now looking for a inexpensive ride to play with (used)

Hey I could find ya something I got rid of my old ones. Bringing the yamis u saw and my 2007 rxp215 and2010 rxtx 260 both doo,s have less than ten hours right now.working my ass off on the four place trailer working 80 hours on the road as well. Not enough time in a day.

Hey I could find ya something I got rid of my old ones. Bringing the yamis u saw and my 2007 rxp215 and2010 rxtx 260 both doo,s have less than ten hours right now.working my ass off on the four place trailer working 80 hours on the road as well. Not enough time in a day.

ya need a vacation to prepare for your vacation. Have ya looked at a sourthern route driving to laughlin? I can meet up with you guys in amarillo and a straight shot across NM,AZ etc to laughlin.

mark

Im the organizer/creator of the trip. Only 1 bridge in town. Laughlin is a very small town , ya cant get lost.

Hey for one of the day runs, we can meet up at In&OUT or taco-Smell, and cruise on down via cars/trucks to Park Moabi. From there, we launch, and its a 1mile wakezone, out to the actual river (this park is made from a "canal" off the river), then once in open water, hall-arse for 25miles south to Lake Havasu...its a kik-in-da-arse ride, can roll up to the "festival" area, just pass the London Bridge, get some grub, do whatever, then roll on back up....whatcha guys think?

Park Moabi is in needles, off the 10, so 20-30 minute drive south from Laughlin.

Hey for one of the day runs, we can meet up at In&OUT or taco-Smell, and cruise on down via cars/trucks to Park Moabi. From there, we launch, and its a 1mile wakezone, out to the actual river (this park is made from a "canal" off the river), then once in open water, hall-arse for 25miles south to Lake Havasu...its a kik-in-da-arse ride, can roll up to the "festival" area, just pass the London Bridge, get some grub, do whatever, then roll on back up....whatcha guys think?

Park Moabi is in needles, off the 10, so 20-30 minute drive south from Laughlin.

We have launched there before also. And a bit south on the river is Pirates cove...good food and strong margaritas. The water starts rising around 10am. As the date gets closer we can exchange cell phone #s.

mark

Back