Florida Doo'ers

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

JoeZ

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
While we have the social group for FL, I also wanted a more visible way to communicate with other FL members. It seems there is an extremely strong base of SeaDoo owners in FL (I wonder why...:rofl:), and this "Florida Doo'ers" forum is dedicated to organizing those in the area.

Come on folks, we need you to step forward and sign up for "FREE" on the "PWC Florida", social group. This way we will be able to have different areas of Florida have their own Meet and Greet in you area. As it grows it should cover state wide for some good times year round.

Karl

I think I found a place to meet up for the first M&G for this year...Snake Island in Venice at the Jetty...I just got back from there...Do a google on google world...it is all sand and allowed beaching seadoos, close to fuel, sports water area for tubing, and grills allowed. No wake zone so NO hull bumping, and I know 3 law enforcers working petrol in the area. Also 2 launch area's in a stone throw ...looks like June 20th..Saturday...day before fathers day... Ya game?

Karl

Last edited by a moderator:
damn, um idk, i have my son that weekend, actually i have him every weekend that month cept the first lol

im up for it, but idk if i can

Newbie out of Clearwater

Hey Gang!

Bought a gti 130 last week and put it in the water last Sunday for the first time. Would like to meet anyone interested in riding this Monday, Memorial Day. I have my daughter over the weekend so can't make it out Sat or Sun.

Brian

My GF and I are always looking for folks to join us. We ride the whole north end (Clearwater - Anclote Key) sometimes both days. We do some cruisin, stop to jump waves and catch some sun, etc....

Join us........ text me 727-482-4050
DJ

Today was a great Wave day, nice high tide. Over at the north end of Caladisi we had some 6 footers all afternoon... great AIR!!

We'll be posting when and what the days will be like every week from now on.

So would I... I keep asking my GF, "did I go real high?" LOL..

We need some other folks to come so someone can do the camera & filming work.

For all I know I could be just puddle jumping.. but It takes a few seconds for the landing.

Yesterday on a couple of the big ones, I WOT at the base of the wave and got up about 45 degrees rather then the evil kneivel type launch I usually get and that was a hoot! came down just pass the next wave which was alot nicer than slamming nose first and getting soaked.

I'd love to see some pics of you taking on 6 footers!

Getting a new (to me) ski

Jermey is meeting me tomorrow in Daytona delivering my new ski. I had a busted nose on my 01 GTX DI and finally found a new hull through him, an 02 GTX DI. He swapped my engine over and I can't wait to test it out, Not near a bridge though! The wife and I will be riding this Sunday (27th) over in Clearwater. If anyone is interested give us a ring. 863 860 0950. We would like to meet some others over there who know the area well. How about it djames59? Anyone else?
Duane

Attachments

• old 01 gtx di.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 18
  • new 02 gtx di.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
Last edited by a moderator:
Jim here in Clearwater, FL. Will be receiving my SCIC Sportster in a few weeks. 3 day work weeks with alternating weekends in the Emergency Room, so plenty of time for fun. Plus, if you're hurt, you can come visit for some healing treatments. :)

Hey Jim, be sure to get on the "PWC Florida" social club, to be included in up coming events as they happen. Click on the link in my signature to sign up for free.

Karl

Clearwater Seadoo

flrnent,
Whenever you want to make a run out in Clearwater, let us know. My wife and I have two Seadoos (1 needs a little fixing right now) but until then, we could both share her RXP. Just email me with a good advance for some tentative dates. I work a crazy schedule, nights, and usually do 4 on, 4 off, so free time is random. That goes for anyone else in the area. (hopefully before it gets too cold, or after spring comes. I need a new wetsuit)

Duane

I am in Sanford... Getting ready to pick up a 96 3 seater next week. Where are the best and safest places to ride?

So, any news on a Meet and greet for 2010? If I can get a few months notice, we should be able to get the time off, and put some cash aside for the trip :)

i am thinking as soon as this weather breaks

The weather should be warmer in a month or so , (You know, when Global Warming comes back (aka Summer) so I desparatley wanted to make the last one, so maybe Snake Island. It looked liek a perfect place. Anyone else have a better place, or should we talk about this old spot. I should have weekend off from now on.

Hey Everyone. :seeya:

Up north in Tallahassee but travel down to Largo frequently.
As soon as i get both running the way they should i would be down for a meet & greet down your way.
Tried to hit the lake yesterday but the ski had another idea.

Come On Summer.....

So, isn't anybody out riding yet??? Finally have my boat ride ready, just need some essentials. Been 5 1/2 years since been on the water, and never been out with a crowd, but looking forward to meeting people out there. I had to work the Poker Run weekend, plus boat was still in the shop anyways. Tampa Bay intercoastal waterway and close to shore is where I will hang mostly. How about it?!?!?!?! :cheers:

Me and my GF went out at old tampa bay for the first time this season Thurs. It was a great day about 80 degrees, very little chop all day, water temp was 78 dropped in around 1:00p and left at 4:00. We will be going on Tuesday out at Clearwater probably launch around 10:00 at the free library slip (to the right of the traffic circle heading into clearwater) and will ride around the pier area most of the day. maybe we'll see some of you out there.

Back