fast sportster le 2004 >>

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

قطري424

hi every one

i'm new seadoo owner,, and new member..

i have seadoo sportster le 2004

it goes arround 63 km

1-how can i make it faster?

2- my fuel gage doesnt work!! its stucked on F.. how to fix it?

thanx all

welcome!!:cheers:

maybe its not broke.... maybe you just get good mpg....:hurray:

anyways, welcome to the forums!

sportster LE fuel gauge

Unfortunately I have the same problem with the fuel gauge, it's stuck on full. The dealer says it's a common failur item in these boats, perhaps because of all the pounding they take and suspects it's the fuel sending unit or the float switch within it. I'm planning to get an estimate for repair once I pull it out of the water this summer (around mid-Sept), for winterizing and will let you know. I cant help you with regards to the speed as my 2004 Sportster LE-DI hits around 50 MPH or close to 80Kms, but hopefully the other posters will have some advice for you. In the meantime you should do some word searches within this forum as I've seen several other items with speed related problems. Good Luck

Here is some help on the guage;
You need to check the Pink and Pink/Black wire coming out of the baffle tube in the gas tank. The sending unit works off resistance. Pull the plug apart at the tank, and use an ohm meter to check for resistance between the two pink wires. The resistance will be different depending on how much fuel is in the fuel tank. If you get no resistance, remove the clamps off the sender, and pull the sending unit out of the fuel tank. Check the magnets on the float in the sending unit. To get to the float out, pop the bottom off and look for the 4 magnets on the float. If they are missing use a strong magnet to get them out of the tank bottom. If they are dirty clean them and re-insert it back in the baffle tube and check the wires again to check for readings of resistance depending on where the float is in the baffle tube. Check the float to see if it “floats” in a cup of gas. Sometimes the float becomes saturated and won’t float in gas…but it will in water, so use gas to check it. If still no reading of resistance replace the sender. If you get readings, check continuity of wiring to gauge. At the baffle you could un plug the guage and using a jumper wire between the 2 wires in the plug on the guage side. Attach the lanyard to power up the gauges. If the guage goes to full the guage is good. If it still doesn’t respond, do a continuity test of the wires to the guage. If all wiring checks out ok, and the guage still doesn’t respond, the gauge is bad. Keep me posted on your progress.

Karl

thanks all again..

karl, thank you for ur advice.. i will try that soon and i will let u know what happens with me..

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back