96 XP no beep from lanyard

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

yankees27

i got my XP running after a year idle. Ran great all day. New battery. Next day I went to start it and the key beeped, started to turn over an then just shut off. Tried again but no beep at all. Could the batterry have died already or could this be a fuse. Mpem box but I don't know where that is. HELP. THANKs

Could be a fuse, also try cleaning the tab in the key with an eraser, and clean the post.....also, I think the Mpem is located under the from storage compartment in the front... black box.

Make sure you check your battery cables. I had the same problem the other day and after checking everything but my battery connections, I still had nothing! The positive terminal has a crimp on connector and it wasn't making a good connection. Squeezed that bugger as hard as I could and it started right up. Good luck......

i had the same problem pull the lanyard off hit the start botton 5 times untill you hear the beeps put the lanyard back on and you might not get beeps but your ski should try to start when you hit the start botton if it starts pull the lanyard back off and put it back on and you should have beeps...

Beep solution?

Advanced Self-Diagnostic Mode
It needs to be enabled manually. Proceed as follows :
1. Remove safety lanyard from watercraft switch.
2. Press 5 times on the watercraft start / stop button.
NOTE : 1 short beep and 1 long beep must be heard. They validate beginning of diagnostic mode.
3. Install safety lanyard on watercraft switch.
4. Press the watercraft start / stop button again.
NOTE : If everything is correct, engine will start. Otherwise, refer to the following chart.

SIGNAL
No beep Engine actually starts. Everything is correct.

1 long and • No safety lanyard has ever been
1 short beep programmed in watercraft
MPEM.

2 short beeps • MPEM can not read the digital
code of the safety lanyardcap or
the magnet is defective.

• Mixed wires at safety lanyard
switch connectors or bad
connections.

2 long beeps • Wrong safety lanyard or bad
connection of the DESS wires.

3 short beeps • Wiring harness of DESS switch
is grounded or there is a short
circuit.

quick question about my ski

2 short beeps • MPEM can not read the digital
code of the safety lanyardcap or
the magnet is defective.

does this mean i need a new lanyard? anything else i should know? that post was super helpful thank you very much.

when i push my lanyard hard i get three short beeps, how can i trouble shoot this, or fix this so it will start? thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back