96 xp fuel tank recall

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

jdgherasim

hey guys, does anyone know if i can still do the recall on my 96 xp fuel tank in 2024 at a dealer? it’s definitely the original tank and my dealer told me they see mine needs it done, but they said the part is discontinued and i’m out of luck. called brp direct and they said “we’ll get in contact with you in 4-7 days”.

It is still a thing and Seadoo has to do it but the dealer might not want to bother.

It is still a thing and Seadoo has to do it but the dealer might not want to bother.
yeah it seems to be hit and miss. both local dealerships to me said that its an active recall but the part is discontinued. i wouldn’t mind dropping off my old tank and picking up a new one/installing it myself. curious if i can have seadoo send me one directly, their customer service rep wasn’t the most helpful person.

They would not let me do mine as it is a safety recall so they have to document that it was actually done on that particular VIN.

They would not let me do mine as it is a safety recall so they have to document that it was actually done on that particular VIN.
hmm okay, makes sense. i’ll wait for a call back from brp and see what they say. I was finally ready to take my ski out on the lake and rip it for the first time, but i guess that’ll be put on hold for now😂

I had to drag my empty hull to the dealership and the guy paced the tank in the hull.

Back