2004 gti le rfi 787 low idle after rebuild

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Procross225

Hi everyone, Bought a 2004 needing a motor, Had engine rebuilt by very reputable builder locally, Ski will not idle above 1100 in the water, In the manual it calls for 1500 +/- 100 rpm. Its leading to stalling at idle unless I hold throttle slightly. I've triple checked all connections, I've cleaned all ground spots, Voltage is 13+ idling. I've had tps reset because I've heard this is the culprit, The first time it didn't do anything, Had it reset today it showed the following..

-4.4 tps before reset.

+4 after reset and save. Took for a test drive at the guys house who reset it and it still idle'd low but it did clear up some bogginess it had down low. Now it also hits full rpm of 6800 WOT. Before the last reset on the sbt? software it would only hit around 6740 tops.

if I idle away from dock or no wake zone and it stays running, it will be very boggy and I have to milk the throttle to get it to respond and go, after tps reset today it would still be boggy but not near as bad. ski responds much better.

Just trying to figure out the low idle issue,

previous owner had no idle issues before mag side compression ring hit valve. idle is not adjustable on this machine either. 04/05 were computer controlled.

only thing left to try is cleaning injectors and see if that does it. they both ohmed out around 2.4-2.5

Thanks for any insight. i'd love to be able to just drive it and have it idle and work correctly lol.

Thanks again!

Jeff

Ended up being rotary valve cover and valve. The 2004+ have a hard time idling on just one cylinder if they are scuffed. The 03 and lower had adjustable idle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back