2001 Seadoo Challenger 2000 With 240 SportJet

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rmotta02

Hi Guys,
I have a 2001 Seadoo Challenger 2000 I'm restoring. I just ordered a remanufactured engine/Mercury 240 Sportjet. It will arrive in a few days. The remanufactured engine is a long block. Meaning I will need to install my old EFI, Reed Cage and whatever else needs to be transferred over. Does anyone have a list of gaskets needed or should I just order one like this
WSM Mercury 240 Hp EFI V6 Sport Jet Gasket Kit 500-221-04 OEM 27-885214A1 | eBay

Ill just hang onto the head gaskets as they wont be needed. Anyone have any other thoughts?

Thanks
Rich

I put a rebuilt long block in mine 2 years ago and the only gasket I needed was the pump gasket since it needs to be removed to get the motor out. Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 12.04.09 PM.png

I ordered it and two days later the company I ordered it from cancelled the order stating they could not get it. I'm back to searching for another engine....

Oh wow, no way to rebuild? I took off covers today, they don't look bad bust still need to find out why it locked and what needs to be replaced.

Attachments

• IMG_8019 2.png
    IMG_8019 2.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 22
Oh wow, no way to rebuild? I took off covers today, they don't look bad bust still need to find out why it locked and what needs to be replaced.
Anyone that thinks their engine is seized/locked up should ALWAYS check the pump impeller, wear ring, and stator for rocks and sticks. They can jam up an engine, too. But cheap to fix.

Anyone that thinks their engine is seized/locked up should ALWAYS check the pump impeller, wear ring, and stator for rocks and sticks. They can jam up an engine, too. But cheap to fix.
thanks for the reply, im new to jet boats, I went under to take a closer look and look at the back,
did not see anything jammed like rocks but it looked like the blades were right on the ring...
is this normal?

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_8036.png
    IMG_8036.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 19
My block and heads are good. I need 3 rods and a new crank. I can not locate a crank at this point and from what I have been hearing that's the reason there are no rebuilt engines being built currently. The crank on this engine is specific for the jet drive. I think its 11 spline or something along that.

Oh wow now I understand.
when I got the boat I looked at the engine and thought i can just get one and do a swap. I had no idea they were rare… smh

thanks for the reply, im new to jet boats, I went under to take a closer look and look at the back,
did not see anything jammed like rocks but it looked like the blades were right on the ring...
is this normal?

thanks
You may want to start a new thread on your issue... which I will definitely be following.

Consider taking a picture from the intake grate side so the impeller blades are more visible. I can only see the fixed stator vanes.. FYI, they look kinda like mine, a bit dinged up. The impeller blades will have a razor thin gap between the impeller edge and wear ring (hopefully). Too much of a gap and you won't go anywhere. Don't make me say it..... (tip leakage... it's a thing)

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back