1997 seadoo xp won’t run in the water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Jjtodd20

Having an issue with this 1997 seadoo xp been messing around with it for few weeks got it cheap so here we go….. I tested compression one is at 135 and other is 150, runs perfect out of the water rpms have been set to 3000, carbs been rebuilt and set ( best I could anyways 1 turn out on bottom screw and played with them little never made a difference that I could tell so I left them at 1 1/4 turns) and cleaned, new rotator valve( was put in according to a YouTube video I found) but everything I do still don’t change fact jet ski still bogs down and dies soon as I get it off the trailer and won’t start back up, some times pulling back up on trailer I can get it to start again but soon as I push it back out dies again, it was rode once last week ran flawlessly on the water but as soon as it was killed wouldn’t start back up in the water, I’m out of ideas as for what would cause this ski to do this, also I’m not hearing any beeps when key is put on or started

The compressions seems a little off, do you know the history of the engine? 150 is usually what you see on a new rebuilt engine. The other at 135 is strange if it is rather new, and they shouldn't be more than about 10 psi difference. Is your compression guage reliable? If those are right might want to look at the 135 cylinder, maybe your issue is there.

I would look at your rotory valve clearance I had a aftermarket rotor valve be thinner than the oem one it caused it to run like crap

I’ll be taking it out to lake this weekend but one thing I left out is runs like a. Hamp with a garden hose but won’t run in a lake lol

Back