your first ski?

jammin777

what was your first ski that started is all?
mine was a 89 yamaha wave runner 500 cc. it only did 28mph and had a blast all summer back in 97 until my brother let me ride his 97 seadoo gtx. after that i never looked at my wave runner the same! in fact i rode it once more towards the end of the season and a half hour later out of boredom i loaded it up and went home and was done for the season. the seadoo spoiled me and the wave runner was way too slow. after much research, the following spring of 98 i bought a brand new leftover 97 seadoo gsx = heaven! sold it in 04 to buy a house. sense then ive owned 2 boats over the years and during that time i found myself lusting after all the pwc on the water sooo now i have my 99 gsx rfi. I'm back!:thumbsup:

1998 Kawasaki 750 STX.

I hated that thing two weeks after I bought it. But we rode the sh*t out of it for 10 years. The second time we took it out, some friend's stupid kids playing chicken wrecked it. Fixed it and lived with it. In 2003 I bought a NOS 2001 RX that has only required a new seat, a VTS motor, and needs an oil tank. In 2008 I dumped the STX and got the wife the GTX for her birthday. The first time out our friend's friends ran it half way up onto the rear deck of his boat. The ski was OK, but his boat suffered a nice chunk of gelcoat damage. No good dead goes unpunished. Now, nobody except a few close friends I trust runs my stuff.

Beginning of summer, the ski's are being sold to help pay for the boat.

It's been fun, but we're over them now and have been wanting a Sea Doo boat instead for the past two years. I was very disappointed to find out they exited the boat market in 2012 when I got serious about looking. A long talk with my trusted shop guy convinced me a used Utopia was the way to go. They are hard to find around here. One or two came up last year and were way overpirced and had lots of hours on them. After all the research and positive reviews, I think we will be happy with what we got.

96 GTX bought in 2006, needed a new cylinder, steering cable and other maintenance....Still using it, runs like a top.

98 and 99 Polaris skis. Bought them both sitting on a trailer for 7800 in 2000 with 11 hrs and 9 hrs on them.

Had them for 11 yrs. no complaints.

I think when I was about 12 I got a pair of Cypress Gardens, if I remember correctly they were wood and one could be used as a single, I think I got a ski belt also.

Lou

In 93(I think) I got my first ski, an 89 SP with a PSI pipe and a DG water box and ocean pro nozzle and ride plate extension and a Solas impeller. Then I got the 91 XP like a year or 2 later, then in 96 I got the all mighty 96 XP!

252.jpg

20.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
In 93(I think) I got my first ski, an 89 SP with a PSI pipe and a DG water box and ocean pro nozzle and ride plate extension and a Solas impeller. Then I got the 91 XP like a year or 2 later, then in 96 I got the all mighty 96

Times have changed since then just a bit huh?

I think when I was about 12 I got a pair of Cypress Gardens, if I remember correctly they were wood and one could be used as a single, I think I got a ski belt also.

Lou
lol! your talking water skis right? yep i remember them wood skies. i was 13

A brand spank'n new 1979 Kawisaki JS440. It was a left over, and I got it when I was 10 years old. I kept it until I was around 22. I think my dad paid $600 for it.

The first time I ever asked a bank for money was for a 96 Kawi 750SS in the spring of 97. I used it a lot that year and liked it a lot until I bought two 94XP's on a double trailer. I just liked the look of the Seadoos. One ran great and one needed a motor.......I've been riding and wrenching on them ever since!

The first time I ever asked a bank for money was for a 96 Kawi 750SS in the spring of 97. I used it a lot that year and liked it a lot until I bought two 94XP's on a double trailer. I just liked the look of the Seadoos. One ran great and one needed a motor.......I've been riding and wrenching on them ever since!

Two of the first things I ever financed were a VCR and my "Bag cell phone". How times have changes. LOL

Repairing and selling iPads, iPhones and Mini iPads.

Lol, I am 24 and I have never financed anything except for my damned education! I feel left out! But anyways, mine was a 96 GSX. That thing had one of everything wrong with it, I definitely cut my teeth seadoo wrenching the hard way with that ski!

Got a 1996 900sl Polaris with trailer for 1500 2 years ago and it treated me well but I found Polaris is tough to work on and get parts for--- so now I got my sea doo coming in 4 days!!!!!

1st ski was a 95 Yamaha WaveRunner 3 that I bought from a friend in 2004. Got it cheap since he was moving out of state and didn't want the hassle of taking it with him. For the price I figured I try it to see if I liked it or not. I could take this out and splash around with it easier than my boat. The thing wasn't very fast but it was fun. Other than basic maintenance no problems with it. One ski was boring so I bought a SPX so my wife would have one of her own to ride. Along the way I've had a Regal Rush jet boat that I hated and 9 different ski's. This is one of the 1st winters I haven't owned more than 2 ski's but that will change in a few weeks.

Back