You might have too many boats when...

Brian J

A trip to the DMV costs you $330 and the receipt they hand you is literally a foot and half long.

Transfer two 4tec skis and a trailer that I just bought
Tabs on an X4
Tabs on an old Kawi stand up
Tabs on my boat trailer
Tabs for my truck.

If the 4tecs would have had expired registration I would have been on the hook for another hundo and if I would have bought the tabs for my 4wheeler that are due another $50.

Not to mention the lady behind the counter screwed up the trailer title transfer but I caught it and had her correct it, did she apologize, no.

Now I just need the ice to melt so I can go use some of this stuff. :thumbsup:

Man you got by easy. I've got 3 ski's, 2 boats, 1 car, 1 Jeep. All due in the same month. Most people here just mail in their regs. But at 2.00ea. plus postage (they have to be mailed separate), I will just go downtown. Not fun.

Lou

I love michigan. We have permanent trailer plates. $75 one time fee for the plate and it's good for life. I've got a handful of plates in the shop that I kept when I sold the trailers. It's a good system for the people, not so much for the state government.

You must have a nice vintage tow vehicle. Smart man! Anything I have owned under 3 years old in MN is a $450 tab to renew! Makes you not want to own a new truck in Minnesota!

You must have a nice vintage tow vehicle. Smart man! Anything I have owned under 3 years old in MN is a $450 tab to renew! Makes you not want to own a new truck in Minnesota!

2006 4runner - $87

Smaller trailers in MN are lifetime license (can't keep it when you sell the trailer though). Larger trailers are $11 per year but here's the funny part, there's $7 worth of "fees" on that $11 tax so it's $18. So there's a 64% tax on the tax!

My tow vehicle is an El Camino registered as Antique, one-time registration fee for that and no fees afterward but you must keep a primary car and insurance for both. My '95 model primary car has over 200k miles on it and counting, it's a marathon experiment to see if I can actually wear out a car that's properly maintained. Something (timing chain?) will eventually break someday but so far so good. Car costs about $25/yr for license and $25/yr for personal property tax.

Yes, the DMV will jam it to you, it's called inflation and they want this to happen on purpose just like free trade agreements send American jobs off shore, give them half a chance. Then they wonder why unemployment goes through the roof and prisons are filled beyond capacity????

Here in south Australia I paid just over 350 for a year of reg just for 1 ski plus another 40 for the trailer. That's a freakin joke if ya ask me not to mention that they make you register your water craft for a whole year where as cars and such which you're going to use all year around you can register them for 3, 6, or 12 months.

Here in south Australia I paid just over 350 for a year of reg just for 1 ski plus another 40 for the trailer. That's a freakin joke if ya ask me not to mention that they make you register your water craft for a whole year where as cars and such which you're going to use all year around you can register them for 3, 6, or 12 months.

Makes perfect sense,,,, (And dollars too,,,)

Wow, 350 for just one year is about $327US What are they doing with your money, giving it away to corporations or stuffing their pockets? Do you guys pay real estate taxes like most of us do?

Tags for my '13 ram are $100 a year here. My '04 superduty is $115'ish.

Truck is yearly for me at 115 wish. Ski and ATV and snowmobile are all one time at 45 and never have to do it again as long as I own them. Trailers are yearly but think its only like 15 dollars each.

Posted by my Droid

Wow, 350 for just one year is about $327US What are they doing with your money, giving it away to corporations or stuffing their pockets? Do you guys pay real estate taxes like most of us do?
they're taking our money to the local crack house I reckon ... yeah real estate taxes and council fees as well cant tell ya what they are worth though as I am just renting at the moment.

they're taking our money to the local crack house I reckon ... yeah real estate taxes and council fees as well cant tell ya what they are worth though as I am just renting at the moment.

Remember that next time you vote. We are being taxed to death and then there is the ACA. Link below is a cost calculator based on your income. Doesn't include the insurance cost increase. My hit is about 4k combined.

http://www.foxnews.com/topics/net-cost-of-obamacare.htm

Remember that next time you vote. We are being taxed to death and then there is the ACA. Link below is a cost calculator based on your income. Doesn't include the insurance cost increase. My hit is about 4k combined.

http://www.foxnews.com/topics/net-cost-of-obamacare.htm

Germany has the highest residential and lowest industrial electricity cost in all of Europe. In the US, 10% of the population pays 100% of IRS revenue.

Without inflation, TBTF would fail due to loan defaults.

It's like just short of $70 for my non-commercial truck plates on my F-250. I think trailers are $15 a year. Ohio has all these hidden taxes. Forget to renew before it expires? $20 Penalty. Forget to make sign of cross, before entry to DMV, $20 They doubled the fee to renew drivers license! Why? Because they can! Used to have to pay $20 to have Emissions test done. Now it's free.

Back