Won’t start please help!

Leone1

Ok so I have 2010 Seadoo challenger 180 I just bought and it only has 46 hours on it. Was told it ran, but needed new battery cables and an ignition Deutsch cable. Which I replaced. It has a new starter and solenoid. I can flip the main switch, put the key in (it beeps) push the start button and nothing happens. I do hear a whine from either the fuel pump or something. I can cross the solenoid and it will crank but not fire. I checked the start button, the neutral safety switch, relay and all fuses, all good to go. I am located in Kansas City and can’t find a soul that will work on these boats. About to give up can anyone help?

Hello. If the DESS key connected properly, you should have heard two beeps, indicating that the key is programmed to the MPEM. If only one beep was heard, it means the key is working and the connection is fine, but it isn't programmed to this ski.

No mpem on this boat, just an ECU which is what all the 4tec keys are programmed to on all years. It will never start until you get 2 beeps.

Quite possible that someone jump started the boat from a running vehicle and ruined the ECU.

Back