Winterizing, anti-corrosion treatment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larsson

Hi guys, do you use to treat the external parts of the engine with anti-corrosion lube? If so, what is the right product to use before winter storage , WD-40 , CRC 6-66 , XPS Lube , other?

I'm a HUGE fan of CRC 6-56 (and fluid film in certain spots) but I go through a gallon of CRC every season.. Love the stuff

I use it after every ride, and when I get bored in between rides and have no other garage things to do.

both of my engine bay's look like new.

I don't like WD 40 at all... but and never tried xps so I can't say positive or negative

Fogging oil works fine, IMO! :) WD40 is kind of a disappointment, it doesn't stick around very long. CRC is the stuff you really want, IMO. 6-56 if you need to go the extra mile.

Try to get some oil spray behind the PTO wheel, to slow rust growth on the crankshaft.

I don't think I've ever owned as many garage spray products as I do now that I'm into jet skis.....I've thought about installing a special cabinet in my garage just for them.

XPS lube is great and what the manual recommends, however it's $20 a can and needs to be bought at the dealer, although I've found it as cheap as $12 online.

CRC is $8 a can and you can get it at NAPA.

WD40 is cheap and can be bought anywhere but I agree doesn't really stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back