Winterize

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatrat

Hi all just a simple question I hope. I have heard of this phrase of winterising your ski before you put it away for the winter. Mine will be away for about 5 months so if you have any ideas it would be good. It was away last year for 5 months but maybe I was lucky nothing happened but I have heard that the valves may stick.Anyway any ideas????
Cheers Rat

Australia....

Your in Australia where the climate is a little less punishment on them, than in the U.S. where the extreme changes cause moisture to build up. That's the "enemy" of sitting around.
Taking all the normal precautions should be fine. Disconnect and remove the battery, but before you do, there is something I'd do. Buy a spray can of Lithium grease. It's an excellent insulator and will keep any moisture at bay. It also puts a coating on all metal surfaces that are in contact with each other. Spray everything down with this spray. Squirt a dab in the spark plug holes and roll the engine over while giving another squirt. Then, put the plugs back in.
Lithium grease is what most engine builders use to protect the metal to metal parts in an engine during a build or storage job.
Good luck!................:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back