Why would these bailer holes be plugged?

Dahern03

I’m working on my 2019 sea doo rxpx 300 and took the pump out to rebuild it.
After taking the pump out I found that the 2 bailer holes are plugged with some kind of silicone caulk. First off I’m not really sure what the holes are for, but does anyone have idea why these are plugged or should I remove the plugs?
The jet ski has a Riva stage 3+ kit on it and I’m not super familiar with what was done to put the kit on as it was by a pervious owner. I was thinking maybe they were plugged for something in the Riva kit???

image.jpg

Pump is probably out of a boat that didn't have bailer lines, or the previous owner didn't like bailer lines robbing forward thrust and disabled the bailer system.

The pump is stock so I’m assuming the second case. As long as the actual rubber lines are still in the hull there wouldn’t be an issue with removing the plugs right?

Also another kinda unrelated question but how do the different diameters of reducing o-rings affect the ski? I think the Green one in the photo is 8.7 mm. What would happen if I installed a wider or narrower reducer?

Works like a different temperature thermostat for your car, only its for exhaust cooling with the open water systems. Different HP require different reducers for same pump.

Back