Who's gunna be first on the water this year??

Status
Not open for further replies.

CReynoldsMIZ

Floridians and Californians need not give us some smart ass remarks about how you havent had to stop riding for a day in the past 10 years *cough cough [MENTION=29781]Spimothy Leary[/MENTION] *. I swear I am getting cabin fever and am tired of wrenching on them and staring at them, feeling bad for them just decaying away in the garage. I want to get out in early april, but who knows what the water temp will be out here in Kansas Shitty.

Hell last year we had green grass and trees by the end of march, no way that is happening this year. After a day in the mid 70s and one in the 80's last week, this week we are going to have a snow storm around Saturday.

The snow and rain is good for the farmers, especially around here, because of the major drought and heat here in the plains last year, but I want to ride DAMMIT

My target date is Friday March 29th. I'll let you know if I make it, lookin good so far. BTW, what's the prize?

Lou

To the winner...

[video=youtube;M5QGkOGZubQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=M5QGkOGZubQ[/video]

I feel like that is more than generous...

Last edited by a moderator:
We went out two weekends ago and were back at the lake this past Saturday and Sunday. The weather was nice(mid 80's), but the water's still COLD!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

At least you got to get out there and rip it up, I am ready to move south! I dont think I have really ever made it out until the middle of May, but that will probably change this year. I got the itch...

Won't be me...

In my old age... I have other hobbies to keep me busy while the weather gets nicer. Although... 4 years ago... I had my Si project out by now, just to see how it was running, before I committed to the "Clean-up" of the hull. It was one of those freak 80 degree days.. but the water was still only around 40.

Just checked the date on the pictures... it was 4-2-2009. That's early for PA.

4.jpg

Here in Ottawa, we got 17cm of snow yesterday and its -10*C right now... I am planning on making my maiden voyage of the 2013 season by April 1st. That's only if the ramps are open of course.

Does this make me crazy??

Already beat you Lou as a fellow Ky resident. :cheers: Shot up our local "river" 2 weekends ago working the bugs out of my new GTX.

582442_10200201504019076_1717458745_n.jpg

Wide "river" aint it! HAHA We love riding it because its like glass!

1714_10200201503819071_1863223917_n.jpg

that looks fun. according to the water temp gauges on the 4-tec's the water here was 39 degrees F. air was 74. tho more snow is in the forecast for this weekend.

I'm hoping to bring the skis up to the future in-laws easter weekend if the weather is nice. they have a 23ft regal that stays on the water at lake conroe.

I almost forgot, I've already been out this year, 3rd. week in January, Moho Bay, St. Maarten.

Lou

Skewba, I see you were able to convince your camera crew to go along. That's true commitment.

Couple years ago I got this GTS working over the winter and a guy wanted to buy it. He told me he was bringing it to his cabin on superior that had a davit that dropped things 30' to the water below. When he told me that I knew I had to lake test it. If you look closely you can see the ice. There were some of the sail guys out there in dry suits, I was in jeans. Apr 7th...

[video=facebook;206836169340423]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=206836169340423&set=vb.100000421247945&type=3&theater[/video]

Couple years ago I got this GTS working over the winter and a guy wanted to buy it. He told me he was bringing it to his cabin on superior that had a davit that dropped things 30' to the water below. When he told me that I knew I had to lake test it. If you look closely you can see the ice. There were some of the sail guys out there in dry suits, I was in jeans. Apr 7th...

[video=facebook;206836169340423]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=206836169340423&set=vb.100000421247945&type=3&theater[/video]

video not visible due to privacy settings

I dont think that I would have as much worry getting on a GTX in the cold, but an XP is another story, I gotta wait until april at least. Im not jumping in the water to tie a rope to the front when mine inevitably breaks down lol

Skewba, I see you were able to convince your camera crew to go along. That's true commitment.

Haha YEP!! They were actually working the bugs out of that old Evinrude! He had been fighting a off and on idle issue for a few weeks, carbs off multiple times, rejetted, and it ended up being the starter bendix staying engaged sometimes! HAHA!! None of us even thought to look at that. We figured we would take two boats incase one needed a tow and the river was up at the time. I need to post some pictures of the river. It really is a badass spot to ride and its right in town.

I dont think that I would have as much worry getting on a GTX in the cold, but an XP is another story, I gotta wait until april at least. Im not jumping in the water to tie a rope to the front when mine inevitably breaks down lol

Truth! My XP is still sleeping! I slowed down to fast one time on the GTX and water came up in the foot rails. Not fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back