Which Sea Doo to Buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dibbzy

I have a 2005 wake 155hp and find that it is a little slow off the mark. The 07155 seems to punch off the line, but will it pull up a wake boarder?
I like to jump waves, tow skiers and carry 3 people but also like getting through a whole day without refuelling - HELP Please!!

07155?

You say the 07155....? Are you talking about a 2007 wake? As for your 2005 being a bit slow. I've said this once and I'll say it again. When someone buys something fast, whether it's a new motorcycle, PWC or hotrod, it goes really fast!.....remember the first time you rode your 2005? I bet it laid your head back into the person behind you when you took off. Well, now with the couple years you've owned it, you are used to the throttle response and have the desire to try something a bit faster. Chances are, there is nothing wrong with your Doo, you just want something faster. You can get the 2007 and it'll do everything your Doo is doing now. But in a few months, you'll get use to the throttle resonse of that Doo and want a faster one.
If your Doo is truly a bit slower than it used to be, I'd check the clearance on your impellor. You may need to replace your wearing ring. And while your at it, check the condition of your impellor. It may be time to let the shop do a tune up, if you feel the engine is a little sluggish............:cheers:
Happy riding!

Thanks seadoosnipe. Too fill in the gaps, I bought the 04-05 wake second hand with 100 freshwater hours on it. It has just been serviced with no change to its performance. Don't get me wrong, it still honks along but that initial launch is not there like it is on an 07 155 a mate just bought. I will always lean to new stuff anyway, but don't know whether the current 155 will pull up a boarder etc. Chers, Paul

It will!....

You should have no problem pulling up a boarder......If you have noticed a loss of "jump" out of the hole, then there are two things to look for. One, the measurement on your impellor, to make sure it isn't wearing to the point you loss take off horse power and the other is "sucking air". If you jump on the throttle and you can hear some revs on the engine, without it actually having any quick forward momentum, then it's possible that your shaft seal is going bad.
Your Doo is a powerhouse and should be able to keep up with and past most of whats on the market now. With the exception of the newest model 4-TEC's.
Oh and your right, it's human nature to want something faster, and faster and faster!..........thats's just life.....:cheers:

Slower is better!!

Geeez Seadoosnipe, I just bought a slower doo, because speed isn't all it's cracked up to be!:ack:

Speed!

Wow, that coming from someone who just bought the fastest boat on the market known to modern man!......How many people wearing a toupee would you see riding in that boat!..........
I still want you to take me out for a ride. You should charge money. With those twin 4-TEC's, you could charge admission like they do for "space mountain" at Disneyworld"!...............:rofl:

I guess it's fast...I suppose...ok I agree...happy now

Seadoosnipe it tough to be humble...but someone has to do it. :rofl:

O.K., it's easy to tell!

O.K......I'll have to let ya'll in on my little secret!.....my new toy has got to be the best choice in buying any new water craft. Karl, I was hoping you didn't hear about it this way, but just to let you know, you'll be drinking salt spray when I pass by your little tug boat!.................LOL

Attachments

• My new toy!.jpg
    My new toy!.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 12
Thank you louis, uh but my new speedster is in the driveway wet from use today, and your new ride is still a dream...lol lol lol lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back