Which is better Yamaha or Rotax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

piro

hi, i am new to this forum and if you can tell me is it really true that a yamahas engines are better than rotax, or this was up till rotax came out with supercharged engines

Piro, Welcome to the seadoo forum. It's great to have you here. I'll Re-post this as a new thread, and let the members respond to your question which is better of the 2 engines.
ScubaDoo

hmmmmmmmmm!

Welcome to the Seadoo forum....
I've waited long enough and noticed that there hasn't been any input as to the better of the two.........well, let me give you my biased opinion!
The BRP Rotax engine was first developed in 1920 at it's plant in Dresden, Germany. In 1943 they moved their operations to Wels, Austria. Since their inception, the Rotax engine corporation has developed over 350 engine types and manafactured over 5 million engines for use in the snowmobile, motorcycle (BMW's), PWC's, boats, and even aircraft industry. I know my opinion of which is better would be considered bias, because I own one and have a mechanical apptitude for the overhaul and repair of this engine.
But in fairness I ask you.....how long has the Yamaha engine been in development?.........oh, never mind. It's only been in development and on the market for 50 years........so by research and development alone, Rotax would be the better of the two. :hurray:
O.K., I've said it..........and I stand by what I wrote.
BTW, this information was researched from the Rotax and Yamaha engine websites. :cheers:

Who Has Best Engine

Hi PIRO,
Welcome to the forum!
In order to answer your question you may have to be a little more specific. The jet ski industry has gone through some major changes in the last few years. Some manufacturers did good and some not so good. If your refering to 4 stroke engines, Yamaha has had some reliability problems. SeaDoo(ROTAX), on the other hand, hit a grand slam home run with their 4 stroke
4 TEC engine and has not seen many problems. The ROTAX 4 stroke engine is not perfect either but it has proven to be a very reliable, user friendly powerplant. There is alot more to a jet ski than just an engine and owners of the SeaDoo 4 TECS seem to like all areas of the ski.
Having said that.......
Sometimes I'll have a person ask me "Who has the best jet ski out there?"
I always reply "Who ever is having the most fun!"
Dennis

For engines I'd say Seadoo.
Electrics I'll go with Yamaha.
If Seadoo can get the electrics sorted they'll take some beating.

And as Dennis said, whoever is having the most fun on the water for reliability.:agree:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back