Which Battery to hook too for amp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oif03vet

Which Battery to hook too for amp? 1995 Speedster

So I have been searching for the answer but havent found it. I just went through 12 pages of search results.
The boat is a 1995 Speedster and I am going to be hooking an amp up and was wondering which battery to hook it too, the one on the left or the one on the right? I believe I have read that one is a reserve so I dont think I would want to hook up to that one, but I may be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
From my understanding, each engine has its own battery. You are talking about the small jetski looking ones correct? If it was me, i would get rid of them both and add 1 big battery. I wouldnt feel comfortable hooking an amp to one of those.

From my understanding, each engine has its own battery. You are talking about the small jetski looking ones correct? If it was me, i would get rid of them both and add 1 big battery. I wouldnt feel comfortable hooking an amp to one of those.

I think that is what I am going to do now, one more thing to get done before the river this weekend!

The Battery worked great, I bumped it out at the river this weekend for hours at a time and it always started right up. I love Optima's!

I will try and get one of the amp in the next day or so. My fiberglass skills, well I dont have any thats why I am not in a hurry to get that picture.

Attachments

• Boat Stereo 001 (Medium).jpg
    Boat Stereo 001 (Medium).jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Boat Stereo 002 (Medium).jpg
    Boat Stereo 002 (Medium).jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Boat Stereo 003 (Medium).jpg
    Boat Stereo 003 (Medium).jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Boat Stereo 005 (Medium).jpg
    Boat Stereo 005 (Medium).jpg