Where can I get a jet pump housing for 1998 Sportster?

coachjjohn

Hi guys - one of the bolts that holds the nose cone in place on my left housing came out. Consequently, I lost the oil, filled with water, destroyed the bearing, and other parts/etc.

I have pretty good confidence that I could get the needed parts and rebuild this (I replaced the wear rings once before). However, I wouldn't mind buying one already assembled that I could just slide into place and have the peace of mind that things are done right.

I am looking for suggestions of companies/suppliers that you all have experience with in buying the housing or parts. I'll post pictures and appreciate any advice you all have.

Thanks!View attachment 66140View attachment 66141View attachment 66142View attachment 66143View attachment 66144View attachment 66145View attachment 66146

You'd have to clean the pump housing and determine if the surfaces are damaged and replace as necessary. The landing for the thrust washer needs a close inspection. That surface needs to be flat and undamaged. I wouldn't trust any pump purchased to just install on faith they all need to be inspected. If you decide to purchase a pump be diligent and shop prices. Is your pump 155mm or 140mm?

You'd have to clean the pump housing and determine if the surfaces are damaged and replace as necessary. The landing for the thrust washer needs a close inspection. That surface needs to be flat and undamaged. I wouldn't trust any pump purchased to just install on faith they all need to be inspected. If you decide to purchase a pump be diligent and shop prices. Is your pump 155mm or 140mm?
I don't know if it's 155 or 140. How do I figure that out?

Go to the Seadoo Parts House on line and look up your boat. There are 2 sportsters listed for that year. Or take some pictures of the jet pump... full pictures and post them. Might be able to tell that way.

Back