Where are you guys installing your Amps for your Stereo upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianwhiskey

I am trying to locate the best place to install an amp over the winter. I purchased a Clarion APX490M Amp and will be purchasing new speakers and a new deck over the winter. There just isn't a lot of room on my 2000 Speedster to install that AMP and make sure it gets proper air flow. Any ideas?

Thanks

I have almost the identical boat. Only difference is the motor. Look for my 98 Speedster audio thread if you want tons of info. I built a fairly decent audio system. Amp is under the cooler in the storage compartment.

I saw that but does your amp get cool enough in there? I don't even think this amp will fit. I was checking it out last night and it will be tight.

I did a ton of research before I built my audio system. I knew there was very limited room. Under the cooler was the only place that would work. On the 98-99 speedsters, there are twin rotax motors. There is a lot less space in the engine compartment compared to the mercury powered boats like yours. So when looking for an Amp, I looked for one that was very compact. It is also a digital amp, so it runs much cooler than the traditional amps. I have ran it 2 seasons now with no problems at all.

There is another guy here who built an insane system in the same boat as you. He is the main reason I decided to do what I did. He put 2 amps in the engine compartment. His thread may help you.

http://seadooforum.com/showthread.php?t=7691

I saw a video of that setup. Pretty nice. I think I am going to return this Amp and look at that Alpine that you have. Much easier to install.

Thanks

yeah get the small amp and i would vote for placing the amp in the compartment in front of the passengers seat. thats where i have mine....i am planning on putting a small fan in there to get some air circulating..

You can find some good deals on the Alpine Amp if you search the internet or ebay. I got it for like 420 and the list price is like 800.

Ya I noticed they have decent prices on them on ebay. I just mailed back my amp today and when I get the refund I will get one.

Dood deal. If you have any questions let me know. what else are you going to install with it?

Just piecing together now and will install over the winter. I just bought that Alpine from Amazon.ca for 429 plus free shipping. Not bad.

The Deck I am still figuring out. I have some ideas but nothing decided on yet. I was looking at the Kenwood KMR440U.

The setup will be very similar to what you have now in your boat. I don't need anything insane, but I do want something that sounds good and feels good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back