• This site contains eBay affiliate links for which Sea-Doo Forum may be compensated.

What is the difference between the models?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael211_2000

I know that RXP's are 2-seaters and RXT's are 3 seaters in the RX line, but what about the GTX's and such? What is the heiarchy of SeaDoo 4-stroke models? Does anybody know the breakdown and differences between them?

It looks to me like the GTX and RXT hulls are pulled from the exact same mold, with the same seats and trim parts essentially, and from what I've read the GTX's can also come with supercharged intercooled 4-TEC engines.... so then, what's the difference besides maybe the color scheme's?

Thanks for any info!

- Michael

2011 Sea Doo Lineup

www.seadoo.com will give you a breakdown of every model they offer. If you click on the "showroom tools" icon it will allow you to compare any two of the Sea Doo models side by side.

the PRIMARY features that change from model to model are

Engines (4 types)
Active Suspension
Brake/Reverse system
Hull type
Seating capacity

There are other differences from model to model but these are the ones that determine cost primarily.

They use combinations of these features to develop several models for 4 distinct categories of PWC

Luxury Performance (GTX)
Sport (Wake)
Muscle (RXT & RXP)
Recreation (GTI & GTS)

There is no heirarchy per se between classes but there is within the classes themselves but more or less Muscle and Luxury are your higher end models while Recreation and Sport are more economical.

You need to decide your budget and the primary use for the PWC you want. Towing? Performance? Touring? General purpose? Once you've done that the model or models that would suit you best become apparent.

I just went through this process less than a year ago. So I understand where you're at. You also might want to take a look at the "Help Me Choose" icon located under "Watercraft"

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL! Thanks that was exactly what I was wondering about.

I'm not looking to buy, I already have an RXT SeaDoo and love it. Eventually I might get a second RXT so I can have a pair, but no time soon with this crappy economy.

I was just wondering why the GTX and RXT SeaDoo's appear to have come from the same mold, and what the differences between the models were. You answered my question perfectly.... Thanks!

- Michael

GTX vs. RXT

I think they're nearly identical but the GTX gives a few more niceties. Depth finder, pop up tie downs etc. I'm not 100% on that but I do know nearly everything else is identical.

A depth finder would be nice... but I've read that the SeaDoo depth finder only works if you're sitting still which is nearly useless for keeping you out of shallow waters. The depth finder on my jetboat works at up to 35 mph (above that speed, who cares cause you wouldn't be able to stop or turn around fast enough to keep out of shallow water anyhows... best to just go on over the shallow area).

Also the only SeaDoo depth finders I've seen listed on Ebay were ridiculously expensive! The listing I've read said it can be added to RXP/RXT models but must be activated electronically by a Seadoo dealership in order to make the depth readings display on the instrument cluster. :-(

- Michael

I know one of the big differences in the 08 model 215 GTX and RXTs was the GTX didnt have the trim adjustment, but had the swim ladder, where the RXT had the trim adjustment, but no ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back