What do you carry on your PWC ?

GTILimited155

I am just curious what others carry on there PWC when they go out for a day on the water, I am considering purchasing a throw bag so in the event there is trouble on the water I have it but does anyone else carry something like this ? I only have the flares, fire extinguisher, VHF Radio and an extra PFD, Cell phone. What do you guys recommend otherwise ?

Attachments

• SDC10012.jpg
    SDC10012.jpg
    923.4 KB · Views: 36
  • SDC10008.jpg
    SDC10008.jpg
    458.7 KB · Views: 33
A whistle.

I carry a waterproof container with minor f irst aid, a light, whistle, rope, marine radio, and towel....that is it. My vest is always on, so I dont need an extra. I used to keep a spare key when the keys were generic but not anymore.

an anchor bag, pwc paddle, whistle, hose pincher, sunscreen,, sun glasses, gatoraid, small first aid kit, pwc dock rope, tow rope, cell phone, extra plugs, small tool kit, a marine radio sounds like a good idea and will have to look into one.

i know we've covered this in other threads, but off the top...
dock line, tow rope, cold beer, spark plugs, wrench, 10mm socket, knife, flathead screwdriver, hose clamps, cooling line clip, gps, 4 batteries, spare hat, 3-4 waters, spare dock line for friends, dry top, flip flops. that's all i can think of. my storage bin is pretty small so i'm pretty limited, when I had my old yami with the cavern for a storage bin, I carried a lot more.

i know we've covered this in other threads, but off the top...
dock line, tow rope, cold beer, spark plugs, wrench, 10mm socket, knife, flathead screwdriver, hose clamps, cooling line clip, gps, 4 batteries, spare hat, 3-4 waters, spare dock line for friends, dry top, flip flops. that's all i can think of. my storage bin is pretty small so i'm pretty limited, when I had my old yami with the cavern for a storage bin, I carried a lot more.

Your right Spimothy, Here is a thread I started a while ago, on basically the same subject, there is some good suggestions in there by everyone.

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?56822-Being-prepared-for-your-trip

after a quick browse of the older thread...

I remember the spark plug caddies now.. they are pretty nifty, and help to avoid them from getting banged around. I've used them for so long I forget that everyone doesn't have them

480.jpg

maybe i'll order another batch of them next time I do a re-up and spread them around.

after a quick browse of the older thread...

I remember the spark plug caddies now.. they are pretty nifty, and help to avoid them from getting banged around. I've used them for so long I forget that everyone doesn't have them

480.jpg

maybe i'll order another batch of them next time I do a re-up and spread them around.

those are great i have never seen them before. just ordered a set

I am just curious what others carry on there PWC when they go out for a day on the water, I am considering purchasing a throw bag so in the event there is trouble on the water I have it but does anyone else carry something like this ? I only have the flares, fire extinguisher, VHF Radio and an extra PFD, Cell phone. What do you guys recommend otherwise ?

Dont mean to go off topic. But I been wanting to go to Dunedin and take out the ski. Is there a place there where I can drop the ski and the kids can play in the beach. I'd love to just beach the ski and chill with the kids.

Jay

If you have never been to the Causeway I recommend it, I use to go to Hudson beach as I live up that way but seeing a truck sink was enough to let me know that yea I won't go there again as that ramp sucks, found out that the Causeway was free and that's good enough for me so Ive been going there for a couple years now, great place to launch, in the summertime its wall to wall jet skis especially on the weekends so go early, otherwise weekdays are usually busy with fishing boats more so than PWC's, as far as a place for kids to play its kind of a hit or miss there, one side seems to have softer sand to play in(if you choose) and the other side seems to be more so rigid/rocky type sand which is better for car traction if you need it, otherwise best thing to do is take the kids to Caladesi Island(take the channel out some and then come back in to shore) beach the ski there and you can always have fun there, easy to walk to Clearwater beach that way also. I tend to go about 1-2x a week unless I am on vacation then I will go a few extra times as I have more free time, If you have never been there message me and I will give you my number and you can always contact me if you go and can meet up and show you the ropes there.

Last edited by a moderator:
those are great i have never seen them before. just ordered a set

Yes, when I found those I ordered about 15 of them and gave them to my friends, before then we all kept our plugs in rusty dirty ziploc's, these things really do help. (well, they help a little, they are still in rusty dirty ziplocks, but at least the plugs are safe)

Ya know with Sheridan on the back there's room for little else.

Lou

Attachments

• Wonder Woman.jpg
    Wonder Woman.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 26
Some good ideas here reckon I'm going to have to make a shopping list, I know I could have used a pwc paddle a couple times nothing like being on the ocean and the beast not start back up on a lone ride... Thought about those containers as well how water proof are they enough to keep smokes and phone dry?. think I'll have to wait on the radio though as they are a few $$ here in aus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya know with Sheridan on the back there's room for little else.

Lou

Not to be confused with some of them real macho guys, I think I would be a good sport and let Sheridan drive occasionally so I could sit on the back, hold on tight and enjoy the ride.

Must be getting closer to summer.

Rod

Not to be confused with some of them real macho guys, I think I would be a good sport and let Sheridan drive occasionally so I could sit on the back, hold on tight and enjoy the ride.

Must be getting closer to summer.

Rod

Plus if it gets towards dusk you'll have some great headlights too this way.

Did I just say that? :leaving:

Back