What are the Performance Results when Restrained?

DavidSkadeland

I am an inventor working on two environmental projects involving jet skis that I am releasing free to the public. One is using a Jet Ski for Flood Control, restraining the craft to pump flood water. Where can I get answers to questions like when restrained; max. Lbs. of pull max. max RPM before cavitation, max GPM output flow, max depth of exhaust port and angle of craft that would impede starting, and min. safe depth of the intake before sucking bottom mud or sand. My tests are being done with a Sea Doo Bombardier GSX, SN- ZZN05607B999 5638. I'm not ready to go public, so I can’t release all the details yet. Your input is greatly appreciated! If I'm not in the right forum please redirect me.
Thanks DavidSkadeland

Just giving you a bit of a free bump...I don't have the answers you are looking for however. I doubt many would, since most people focus on performance which means many of the criteria you are interested in are irrelevant. For instance, different size nozzles will push different volumes of water....and most people sacrifice overall volume for velocity to get a higher top speed. Also, cavitation changes greatly with speed which is why the intake grates look almost like scoops.

Since you are working on this project on what appears to be a somewhat serious basis, I would suggest you get an above ground pool and put the PWC in it. Hook tubing or piping of some sort to the nozzle which is directed out of the pool, and do controlled measurements of volume removed to determine the specs you are looking for.

Back